Newbie desperately in need of help.

Options
My name is Alexandra, I am 26 from Canada. I have lost 60lbs since Dec 2012, and i am starting to have serious problems with waking up in the middle of the night STARVING, or I cannot sleep because I am so hungry, but some times if I eat I feel insanely ill and I throw up if my stomach feels too full. I know nothing about fitness, can someone please give me some advice or opinions?? I am going insane..

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss so far.

How many calories are you actually eating during the day and what macros?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    My name is Alexandra, I am 26 from Canada. I have lost 60lbs since Dec 2012, and i am starting to have serious problems with waking up in the middle of the night STARVING, or I cannot sleep because I am so hungry, but some times if I eat I feel insanely ill and I throw up if my stomach feels too full. I know nothing about fitness, can someone please give me some advice or opinions?? I am going insane..

Open your diary.... how did you lose the 60 lbs? What are your stats? If you're still eating like you were 60 lbs ago, that might have something to do with the problem.
  • EmeraldTaurus1
    Options
    I am having a hard time eating, so i've been drinking 'ensure' to get proper calories and vitamins, as i am only able to eat one meal a day and it's usually not high in calories, anything heavy hurts my stomach badly.
  • EmeraldTaurus1
    Options
    maybe 800 calories a day, very little protein, which i know is terrible.
  • EmeraldTaurus1
    Options
    I have no stats, I just began this site, i have no clue what my stats are, i just know i'm losing too much weight, but now i don't want too anymore.
  • armourer178
    Options

There's the problem right there. anything under 1200 is too low. You need to exercise and eat more.
  • pheona76
    Options
    It sounds like you have starved yourself. That can cause upset stomach when you try to start eating again. I would suggest eating more. Slowly ease yourself in with things that are easier to eat.

If your in ability to eat persists for any amount of time see a doctor.

I have struggled with weight and been up and down throughout my life. Including very low calorie diets and never suffered what you are describing. If you are going to commit to an 800 calorie diet you must focus on getting nutrients and energy needs. I would suggest if you are new to it see a nutritionist to do it safely.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

You know the problem already don't you :-) Set a constant deficit of about 1000 at the most. Eat back your exercise and make sure you hit your macros and you will be fine