ouch ouch ouch!

Options
ZiezieO
ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
I've been working out like a champ, but my body is so sore.

I drink lots of water, and I try to eat enough to counter my maintenance.
I also take a lot of time to stretch.

Does anyone have any remedies to help with the soreness and stiffness?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Aspirin and a foam roller perhaps?
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Ibuprofen will help.
  • pheona76
    Options
    If you aren'y already. Watch your potassium. It helps with soreness. Try a banana a day.
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Aspirin and a foam roller perhaps?

This only drop the perhaps and make it a definitely!
  • pheona76
    Options
    Also try a after work out drink. There are low calorie ones and these are designed to return you electrolytes to normal levels. This can help. They only actually have one flavor but I like this one. It is during exercise.

http://www.extremesportsdrinks.com/index.php
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    BCAA supplement can help with recovery. I like to use BSN Amino-X. Blue raspberry is yummy! Also, tons of hot epsom salt baths. I live in the tub when I'm lifting hard.
  • mjudd1990
    mjudd1990 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting some good quality protein in after your workouts whether it be from a protein powder or lean meat. Glutamine can also really help with soreness and recovery. Hot tubs, saunas, and light cardio can also help tremendously just due to the increased blood flow flushing the lactic acid and other wastes out of your muscles. If you are new to the game just know that your body will adjust and you'll stop being that sore after every workout. Keep pushing through and it will get better.
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think of actually trying the work out drinks/protein bars. I always made them off limits to myself because I wasn't working out---so I just completely forgot they existed.

I bought lots of bananas, sat in a jacuzzi and the gym and I may give in and take a little aspirin. Haha, I don't even know if I have any in my house. I usually just try to tough this kinda stuff out. But I know it's going to become a routine and I don't want to quit because of being constantly sore.

Ya'll are the best!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Try pre and post warm up and cool down exercises! Works for me pre and post a run!
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You seem to be doing everything right. Rest is my opinion.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    rest, fish oil and BCAA's, also a foam roller is awesome