Tasty, satisfying and healthy food ideas please!

Options
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some healthy food ideas that will leave me feeling full and satisfied. I just ate some steamed asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower and am not feeling satisfied trying to stop myself from getting chips in the vending machine! I need some good meal and snack ideas please and thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey! If you eat only veggies they won't necessarily fill you up haha. Oatmeal is my favorite---just buy the cheap big container of old fashioned oats and microwave. Then you can put lots of different stuff in it! Blueberrries, bananas, craisins, walnuts, etc. Any fruit is a good idea. Apple slices and peanut butter. Whole grain toast with peanut butter and cinnamon. Quest nutrition bars I HIGHLY recommend. Especially cinnamon roll and strawberry cheesecake flavors.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You need to add fat and protein to those veggies.
    I had asparagus and broccoli today along with giant white beans in a vinaigrette.
    Delicious and filling.
    If you eat meat you can add whatever you like along with some olive oil to your veggies.
    I love to add:
    Chicken thighs
    Sardines
    Steak
    Canned wild salmon
    Tuna
    Eggs
    Avocado
    Feta cheese
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I buy a cheese called alpine lace, its a type of Swiss cheese that is a little lower in fat and calories per ounce when compared to a regular ounce of cheese. It tastes good on its own, so a good snack could be two slices, or you could melt a bit on toast (it melts perfectly)
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Anything with fat, protein, and/or fiber will keep you full...
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I made this 2 days ago, it was amazing. Tasted similar to a hearty beef stew but with about 195 cals per serving. It was very filling! There was also enough left over for mine and hubby's lunch today. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-lentil-and-ham-soup/

I also made some quinoa in chicken broth, garlic powder and onion powder. Had that and the soup together for lunch today, it was awesome.
    I also make a good chili with ground turkey or chicken instead of beef. just plug the recipe into MFP as you make it. Protein and fat will help you feel more satisfied but lots of veggies on the side also add bulk for minimal calories so have a main course with a nice big salad (I like to add low fat cottage cheese to my salad to reduce the amount of dressing I need to use).
  • gypsyone96
    Options
    go eat some sweet potatoes or protein (chicken breast, tilapia, salmon, etc..)
  • keegalie
    Options
    Yumm everything sounds good! Thanks everyone :happy:
  • FatAssBecky
    FatAssBecky Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind sodium, I love Taco Soup.

You can substitute but here's a general recipe for 6 servings

2 tsp olive oil
    3/4 lbs. boneless skinness chicken breast
    1 large onion
    2 garlic cloves
    1/2 cup frozen corn
    1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
    4 cups of broth (I use Mexican Tortilla infused Swanson's)
    1 can of Goya kidney beans, drained and rinsed.

heat oil with garlic and chopped onion. Add cubed raw chicken breast and cook until chicken is done. Then add other ingredients and simmer 20-30 minutes.

You can sub the type of beans, type of meat, type of veggies. I love soups!
  • SundayGirl1989
    Options
    If you don't mind sodium, I love Taco Soup.

You can substitute but here's a general recipe for 6 servings

2 tsp olive oil
    3/4 lbs. boneless skinness chicken breast
    1 large onion
    2 garlic cloves
    1/2 cup frozen corn
    1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
    4 cups of broth (I use Mexican Tortilla infused Swanson's)
    1 can of Goya kidney beans, drained and rinsed.

heat oil with garlic and chopped onion. Add cubed raw chicken breast and cook until chicken is done. Then add other ingredients and simmer 20-30 minutes.

You can sub the type of beans, type of meat, type of veggies. I love soups!

Sounds amazing!!