what is the best time to check your weight...

Options
Hi all, my weight is fluctuates. I tried in the morning, afternoon & night but always it is different. this is not because of the scales. I checked in different location / scales as well.

Replies

• BughaBear
    Options
    I also have the same question would really like to know.
  • aquariuscutie123
    Options
    i always check my weight first thing in the morning after I have gone to the bathroom, but before i eat or drink anything.
    weight does often fluctuate through out the day and it can be really quite frusterating.
    I just try to focus on how im feeling and how my clothes are fiting. instead of a number on the scale :)
    and it can be helpful to only weigh yourself once a week.

hope this helps :)

-claire :)
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter, as long as you always check it at the same time of day for consistency.
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was told that the best time is right when you wake up that is your true weight.
  • CasualLuxury
    Options
    The best time to check your weight is in the morning, as soon as you wake up and after you go to the bathroom. It gives the most accurate weight.. If you weigh yourself in the middle of the day, you usually weigh 2-3 more pound because of the things you have ate. Also, your weight will can change anywhere between 2-3 pounds when you're on your period (it's the water weight your body retains when menstruating). Just so you know!
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    The best time is at the same time each day. I would suggest in the morning in case you have a fluctuation in calories per meal from day to day
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    First thing in the morning on an empty stomache is the best time to weigh yourself, preferably after you pee.
    The reason the scale changes later on in the day is because you ate and that food is still in your body.
    You should try to keep it to no more than once a week on the same day. If you weigh yourself everyday you might go crazy because depending on what you ate the day before the number will fluctuate and not always the way you want it too.
  • GrandmaCarolyn
    Options
    I check myself every morning before breakfast while I am still bare foot and in my night gown. That way it is at the same time and wearing the same thing. I post the losses and forget the gains if I have been near my calorie goals each day. It will fluctuate according to my salt intake, hormones, etc. So I expect to go up and down and don't get too discouraged unless I don't lose for a couple of months. But the important thing is to weigh at the same time wearing the same thing. Sometimes my lowest weight of the day is around 4 PM or right before dinner. But since my clothing varies it is more consistant for me to do it first thing in the AM
  • retired05
    retired05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In the morning after going to the bathroom:laugh:
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    In the morning, after a good night's sleep, after you use the bathroom, and before you eat or drink anything. Also, no clothes on.

I have found that I weigh less on Saturday or Sunday mornings. It's probably because I got ample sleep the night before because I didn't have to get up early and rush around getting the kids and myself ready for the day.

Your weight will fluctuate throughout the day because of what you are putting into it. Stick with the same deal in the morning, and you'll be fine. Good luck!!
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The best time to check your weight is first thing in the morning after you go to the bathroom. As the day progresses your weight will fluctuate which is normal. This is caused by food, fluids & fluid retention :flowerforyou:
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Thanx everyone I will say the morning it is haha
  • amyjo519
    amyjo519 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I agree with first thing in the morning after you're gone to the bathroom. I also recommend...as hard as it is...only weighing once a week. On the same scale too. The same scale will (hopefully) keep it more acurate than using different scales, since they can have a 1-3 lb difference. Atleast that's what I've found. Good Luck!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Have a good bowel movement first thing in the morning, strip down, and hop on that scale! You should be at your lightest. It's normal to fluctuate at least 2 lbs during the day.
  • NMorse1907
    NMorse1907 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I actually weight more first thing in the morning then I do a few hour after being awake. I can't seem to figure out why, but I seem to weigh the least about 2 hours after waking up (without eating or drinking anything during those 2 hours) This makes it very hard for me to get an accurate weight...
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I like to do it first thing in morning after *I'm sorry for this* peeing (lol!) & before I eat or drink anything.
  • guitarman03
    Options
    The best time to check your weight is right when you wake up. Why? Well, because your body burns calories at night and you lose weight while you sleep. During the day you eat/drink and your weight goes up. So it is best to check you weight when you get up after using the bathroom and do the same thing once a week, do not get to hung up on a number it's how you feel and how your stamina is. Thanks.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    The best time to check your weight is in the morning, as soon as you wake up and after you go to the bathroom. It gives the most accurate weight.. If you weigh yourself in the middle of the day, you usually weigh 2-3 more pound because of the things you have ate. Also, your weight will can change anywhere between 2-3 pounds when you're on your period (it's the water weight your body retains when menstruating). Just so you know!

Perfectly said!
  • mahaar
    Options
    Oh, really you people are sooooooooo great. will start to weigh in the morning. thanks a lot. I got great suggestion. once again THANKS:flowerforyou: flowers for all of you
  • marukh28
    Options
    Hey I'm new here and want to follow ppl who are using my fitness to know their experiencesof losing weight my user name is (marukh28)