Hi, 40 something newbie here - need MFP friends

My name is Kari, and I've made my New Years Resolution to try to get back in shape, loose some weight, and overall become more physically fit. I am in my mid 40s, and have used MFP and Runtastic off and on for about a year now, but my goal for 2014 is to commit 6 days/week to doing exercise - either cardio or strength based.

I would like to become friends with more people (either newbies like myself or mentors that can motivate and encourage me as I motivate and encourage them) :flowerforyou:

Replies

• wendybeale7
    wendybeale7 Posts: 17 Member
    New to mfp myself, but not new to loosing and gaining and then gaining some more. Somewhere I just lost control and woke up weighing some 100 pounds heavier then I should. At 44, it's no longer about vanity. I am acutely aware that I will not live much longer if I allow myself to keep on the road I have been. Reality hits pretty hard when the Dr's are calling you Morbid obese. In other words DEADLY FAT!!!! I may not have all the tricks, and I will not always be a good cheerleader, I absolutely SUCK at changing my diet for foods I had refuse to eat 30+ years ago, so I will not suggest you eat all your GREENS either. I will never be one of those 5am roll out of bed and run 20 miles or insist that you boost your cardio up to max level. I will however, understand how incredibly difficult this lifestyle change will be and will offer support, a kind word, and maybe a laugh or two. You and others are welcome to add me as a friend.
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    I can motivate....Have a great friend base and I have been at it for 2 years strait! FR Sent!
  • jenns717
    jenns717 Posts: 32 Member
    Hi there! You have come to the right place. This is a great place to help each other feeling more connected to our goals! Encouragement, friends and motivation! Sending you friend request :)
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    I can also motivate... I am 45 and I started last year on 1/11/14 and have lost 60+ lbs so far. FR sent.
  • sherpasmom
    sherpasmom Posts: 24 Member
    Sending a FR. Re-tracing some steps from being lax since October, but back on track now. I'm a walker but adding running as I can, and just did a 5k this past Saturday! :)
  • noratas
    noratas Posts: 49
    Hi, I'm new here too. I'm in my mid-forties, needing to lose about 15 pounds and then hopefully keeping it off! I could use friends as well to keep me encouraged and accountable.
  • snowbear1005
    snowbear1005 Posts: 79 Member
    You can add me. I'm 43 and looking to lose up to 40 more lbs. I just started a running and strength training program this week.
  • aplatt41
    aplatt41 Posts: 88 Member
    HELLO!
  • audubontrail
    audubontrail Posts: 11 Member
    I've been on MFP for about three weeks, and so far, so good. Sending FR.
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Been on mfp since August 2012- still have a little more to lose - feel free to friend me!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • 1exercisefreak
    1exercisefreak Posts: 75 Member
    I am 41 and would love to be your friend :smile:
  • I'm 45, just joined today. New to MFP, but not new to weight loss. Sure would love to have some friends on this lifelong journey.:smile:
  • anname9203
    anname9203 Posts: 49 Member
    Hi there, I'm 45 and joined MFP in 2011 but just came back in the fall of 2013 after a stint with Weight Watchers. I have about 20 more pounds to go and am committed to sticking with losing that and keeping all the weight I lost off this time! I've been up and down over the years and I don't want to ever go back up again. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • You can friend me!! Kinda new here...I've been gone for a while...want to get back on track for 2014 too!! Welcome!!
  • bitshred
    bitshred Posts: 24 Member
    I'm 44 and new here. I'm sending you guys FR's.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,611 Member
    Hey I'm 40 and can motivate. Recently reached my goal and went into maintenance but I can certainly help cheer anyone along. Anyone is welcome to send me a friend request.
  • 8MINA8
    8MINA8 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. I've been a member MFP since August 2013, but just started using the program in earnest five days ago. I could use new friends to help me stay motivated. I'm 46 and have about 50 pounds to lose.
  • I also, am in my 40's and made a New Year's resolution to lose weight and be more physically fit. Got a personal trainer to start:) Feel free to add me:)
  • mamasitaroja
    mamasitaroja Posts: 52 Member
    Hi! I just turned 40 in October, and have lost up to 38# using MFP and walking. I am a stress eater, and have gained a lot of it back this holiday, with family issues and starting a new RN program on Monday. BUT I am determined to take control and get back to my goal weight and STAY THERE while still living my (busy) life.

I am inclined to focus on balancing foods, I don't eat much fast food at all, and post recipes to the database that I use on my list. I believe in keeping it positive, but am not above some dark humor about this whole process. :) Feel free to add me, I will be there to help!:smile: