Ready to try again

Options
So I see these 40 & 50 year old women who are in great shape & confident & I think to myself I'll never have that. I'm 28 & my best years are already behind me. I didn't start out overweight. I had my son at 21, didn't lose the baby weight& slowly added to it over the years. I'm now almost 190 & ashamed that I let myself get here. I've tried to lose weight before, even with this site. I always seem to lose 10 or so pounds, plateau, then start to gain!! Which causes me to give up. I hope I realize what I'm doing wrong & can work through it. I'm going to try again. My weakness is sweets & lack of motivation to exercise, but I'm going to try hard too overcome them...I don't want this to be the best I'll ever be...wish me luck! & if you believe, pray for me.

Replies

• kwimpress
    Options
    I wishing you all the luck in the world! It is a familiar story to me, but logging on each day to try and stay motivated does help, if not message me!:wink:
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best this time around .. . Keep your self motivated :-)
  • goingtodoitin14
    Options
    Wishing you all the luck in the world!! Stay motivated and it will pay off!!
  • CherylAtk
    Options
    My second time here I lost 22lbs last time only gained 9on so um ready to lose those pesky last 9
  • Memadebe
    Options
    I'm not gonna say good luck,,,,that to me always seems to let us kinda not having to do the work.....luck has nothing to do with it really....we have to be in a good place in our hearts and mind to get going...at least that's what I have learned along the way. That's why I'm hoping this time is different,,,so I will say...be strong with yourself and believe you can do it . When you have a setback. Shrug it off and keep going.......at least that's what I'm gonna try to do.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    No point in 'trying' you need to "Just Do It"
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You will really need it...and staying motivated.
  • mom2cmb2x
    mom2cmb2x Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to get discouraged, but stick with us. Perhaps we can be accountable to each other. I have an awful lot of weight to lose and if I look at that, it is daunting. I am trying this time to just take one day at a time and eat right. Not diet, but be sensible. Friend me if you like. I will be happy to say a prayer for you! Pam
  • asaffell
    asaffell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hugs mama! This support is going to be a big part of sticking with it! I'm here if you need a buddy!