6 Months of Photo-logging Weight Loss *PICS!*

Options
I started my weight loss journey initially in July 2012 and lost almost 32 pounds - then I was fired, which killed my motivation. I ended up only gaining about half my weight loss back, which was so outside my normal vicious cycle of losing weight, hitting a plateau, getting discouraged, quitting and gaining back all the weight I lost and then some, that I needed to give it another go.

I re-started my journey on July 13, 2013, weighing in at 250.4 pounds. I have lost 48 pounds since then - 62.3 pounds in total since my highest known weight of 264.7 pounds. I am officially halfway to my final weight loss goal of 140 pounds.

In August 2013 I decided, on a whim, to start photo-logging my weight loss progress, which has been a HUGE motivator for me. Today marks the 6th month of photo-logging, so I figured that now is as good a time as any to share my progress so far, especially since this coincides with me reaching my halfway point. Keep in mind that I started photo-logging after a month of progress was already underway, so there's only a 35.2 pound difference between the first photos in August and the most recent photos from today.

A few notes before we get to the photos:
-I'm turning 33 in March
-I am 5'2.25"
-I typically consume 1400-1500 calories/day and eat back exercise calories
-I very loosely base how I eat off the "Eat This, Not That" books
-I go to the gym 3 days/week where I do a half hour of cardio followed by a half hour of strength training
-Every Thursday, I do my half hour of cardio followed by a half hour of personal training with a focus on, you guessed it - strength training and core strengthening
-For cardio, I alternate between the stair machine/cross-trainer, elliptical, and stationary bike; I'm considering adding in the treadmill

Before I post the progress photos, I'd like to share a photo from Christmas 2011:
xmas2011_zps35c27909.jpg
I estimate I was probably between 270-280 pounds at the time.

And this is from Easter 2012, right before I made my initial weight loss attempt:
easter2012_zpsbb667ffb.jpg
I was probably around my starting weight of 264.7 pounds.

Now for the progress photos from August 2013 through January 2014:
Front View-
picisto-20140110192722-863122_zps05cd512f.jpg
Link to full photo since MFP cuts it off: http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x466/SuperHeroGirrl/picisto-20140110192722-863122_zps05cd512f.jpg

Side view-
picisto-20140110193854-384690_zps5b349384.jpg
Link to full photo since MFP cuts it off: http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x466/SuperHeroGirrl/picisto-20140110193854-384690_zps5b349384.jpg

I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud of the progress I have made and amazed at my transformation so far. Thanks for letting me share!!

*Edited to fix the photos - sorry!!
**Edited again to add links to the full progress photos because MFP cuts off the 3rd and 6th months.

Replies

• Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey initially in July 2012 and lost almost 32 pounds - then I was fired, which killed my motivation. I ended up only gaining about half my weight loss back, which was so outside my normal vicious cycle of losing weight, hitting a plateau, getting discouraged, quitting and gaining back all the weight I lost and then some, that I needed to give it another go.

I re-started my journey on July 13, 2013, weighing in at 250.4 pounds. I have lost 48 pounds since then - 62.3 pounds in total since my highest known weight of 264.7 pounds. I am officially halfway to my final weight loss goal of 140 pounds.

In August 2013 I decided, on a whim, to start photo-logging my weight loss progress, which has been a HUGE motivator for me. Today marks the 6th month of photo-logging, so I figured that now is as good a time as any to share my progress so far, especially since this coincides with me reaching my halfway point. Keep in mind that I started photo-logging after a month of progress was already underway, so there's only a 35.2 pound difference between the first photos in August and the most recent photos from today.

A few notes before we get to the photos:
    -I'm turning 33 in March
    -I am 5'2.25"
    -I typically consume 1400-1500 calories/day and eat back exercise calories
    -I very loosely base how I eat off the "Eat This, Not That" books
    -I go to the gym 3 days/week where I do a half hour of cardio followed by a half hour of strength training
    -Every Thursday, I do my half hour of cardio followed by a half hour of personal training with a focus on, you guessed it - strength training and core strengthening
    -For cardio, I alternate between the stair machine/cross-trainer, elliptical, and stationary bike; I'm considering adding in the treadmill

Before I post the progress photos, I'd like to share a photo from Christmas 2011:
    xmas2011_zps35c27909.jpg
    I estimate I was probably between 270-280 pounds at the time.

And this is from Easter 2012, right before I made my initial weight loss attempt:
    easter2012_zpsbb667ffb.jpg
    I was probably around my starting weight of 264.7 pounds.

Now for the progress photos from August 2013 through January 2014:
    Front View-
    picisto-20140110192722-863122_zps05cd512f.jpg

Side view-
    picisto-20140110193854-384690_zps5b349384.jpg

I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud of the progress I have made and amazed at my transformation so far. Thanks for letting me share!!
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! You are doing an amazing job!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing the pics. It's encouraging.
  • hithisisili
    hithisisili Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome and your a great inspiration. Its great to see a person who I can relate to with my weightloss journey.
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job. Keep up the good work
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress !!! Keep at it :)
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    Great work. You are doing great, and thanks for the information too. (i.e. number of calories, etc.)
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Totally AWESOME! So glad I read your story this morning!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Photo logging is a great motivator! Congrats, you're looking great!
  • SuperHero_Girl
    SuperHero_Girl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Photo-logging has been a great motivator until just recently. TBH, I was a little bummed out to not see much of a change between last month's photos and yesterday's photos. Still, the difference between August and now is pretty significant, and I *feel* great, so there's no point in stopping now!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    WOW! Your dedication and determination are outstanding. You are a fantastic role model on how it's done right! Keep up the great job and update us on your progress!/ Cindy
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Ummmmmm...
    Between your first picture and the second one, did you give birth to that darling little girl?
    That would be a nice 15-20 pound difference in 4 months!

Seriously, now.
    You have done very, EVERY well!
    Best wishes!
  • SuperHero_Girl
    Options
    Ummmmmm...
    Between your first picture and the second one, did you give birth to that darling little girl?
    That would be a nice 15-20 pound difference in 4 months!

Seriously, now.
    You have done very, EVERY well!
    Best wishes!

Sadly, no - that darling little girl is my niece. I have no excuse for letting myself get as obese as I did. I take full responsibility for eating poorly and living a very sedentary life.
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    what i love most about your progress pics is how your whole demeanor has changed in the afters, your standing tall and smiling. love it. fantastic job so far!! x
  • SuperHero_Girl
    Options
    what i love most about your progress pics is how your whole demeanor has changed in the afters, your standing tall and smiling. love it. fantastic job so far!! x

To be fair, I've been doing a lot of core exercises, so my posture has improved a great deal. Thanks for the praise!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!