MFP: The Social Network

Options
The social aspect of this website has a certain charm to it. It reminds me of the good old days of Facebook before annoying user targeted marketing and constant twitter-like bombardment. I suppose this honeymoon phase will end eventually, however.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    my my aren't you a ray of sunshine...your participation is voluntary, I only respond to the feeds the pertain to my weight loss goals...unless they're on my personal thread, then of course I ooo and aaaww over cute baby stories and funny significant other tales...but on posts, i stick to what i need from this place...
  • fit_nyc
    Options
    my my aren't you a ray of sunshine...your participation is voluntary, I only respond to the feeds the pertain to my weight loss goals...unless they're on my personal thread, then of course I ooo and aaaww over cute baby stories and funny significant other tales...but on posts, i stick to what i need from this place...

how does volition differ on facebook?
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I agree. I love the social aspect of this site. I was sort of addicted to FB before coming here. At least with this place I'm doing something with my health!!
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    I agree. I love the social aspect of this site. I was sort of addicted to FB before coming here. At least with this place I'm doing something with my health!!

Here here! My FB addiction got me nowhere other than finding myself reading random status updates that meant nothing much to me ...this site is great, at least I'm getting something positive out of this via the encouragement and good info via some readable topics!
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    The social aspect of this website has a certain charm to it. It reminds me of the good old days of Facebook before annoying user targeted marketing and constant twitter-like bombardment. I suppose this honeymoon phase will end eventually, however.

Do you mean that you think you will get bored of MFP? Or that MFP will become just a socializing network? I don't really get the point of your post...

If you think you'll get bored, the forums are very active and you can join fun challenges and stuff!

MFP probably will not become "only" for socializing since most of the stuff talked about on here is health-related, so unless you are here for your health, you will probably get bored :D
  • fit_nyc
    Options

Do you mean that you think you will get bored of MFP? Or that MFP will become just a socializing network? I don't really get the point of your post...

My point was that lots of targeted advertisements are probably just around the corner. It's how these kinds of sites stay in business.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    My point was that lots of targeted advertisements are probably just around the corner. It's how these kinds of sites stay in business.

Oh ok, you probably could have just said that then :laugh: That's pretty cool because then we don't have to pay for the site :smile: I like MFP because it's free!