Just killed my Fitbit :(

Options
I'm so gutted I just realised I put my Fitbit One through the wash attached to my bra. Has anyone else done this and will it work again once it dries out completely?

I love my Fitbit, don't know how I'm going to manage without it :(

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Contact their support and tell them what happened.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    This has happened to many, many people...you are not alone. Put it into a bag of ice and leave it for a day or so...that has helped some people, Also, if your Fitbit is fairly new try contacting their Customer Service...I've heard amazing stories about how they have given free replacements to some people, It doesn't hurt to try.

Good luck.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This has happened to many, many people...you are not alone. Put it into a bag of ice and leave it for a day or so...that has helped some people, Also, if your Fitbit is fairly new try contacting their Customer Service...I've heard amazing stories about how they have given free replacements to some people, It doesn't hurt to try.

Good luck.

Rice, not ice ;-)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Email the company and let them know. I had a premium account and they replaced mine when it came out I'd the holder and i lost it.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I ran over mine in the car (I kid you not), it still worked tracking steps, but the screen didn't work. I contacted them and they said they'd replace it if I sent them pictures. I then managed to lose it before I took the pictures (I'm that special). They still replaced it with a new one. I am not a premium customer.

Fitbit support absolutely rocks.
  • Karenns9999
    Karenns9999 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think they meant rice not ice
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

Good luck.

Rice, not ice ;-)

ROFLMAO...absolutely rice not ice! I can't believe I made that mistake...LOL! Thanks for the correction!
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I washed my FitBit Ultra a couple years ago and they replaced it too! The best customer service ever! Good luck.
  • dawnee68
    dawnee68 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the comments guys, I will contact customer services and give it a go.

Dawn
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the comments guys, I will contact customer services and give it a go.

Dawn

I don't know how often they do it for the same person, so I'd try the rice suggestion first, then call if you can't save it. That way you can save your free replacement for if you ever lose it. I've heard of plenty of people getting one replacement, but none getting two :laugh: