Skinny legs

Options
Before I gained some weight, I was about 130 at 5'11. I had super skinny legs and I was just generally skinny. About 4-5 years later I have obviously gained weight because I quit exercising. I obviously want my old body back (doesn't everyone?). I'm not extremely overweight - I'm about 158.5 now but my main problem is that most of the weight I gained is now in my thighs and legs. I don't want to have extremely muscular legs but I want my skinny ones back. I know that you can't target an area in weight loss, but how can I get back to my old body shape without looking too muscular? Walk instead of run or is that a rumor? Thank you in advance (i'm still new at all of this so these questions may be a bit noob-ish)

Replies

• ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well first off at 5'11" and 158 you aren't overweight. I have friends with your stats and they look great so saying you're not extremely overweight makes no sense. Secondly, I run everyday and am at my goal weight and my legs are much more toned then they were before I started running. Being 130 at your height seems really underweight though.