Squats will help me lose bum weight?

Options
So here's the thing... I'm thinking about doing the 30 say squats challenge. I really hate my bum, it's big but has zero muscle, totally fat. I was wondering if squats will make my bum bigger or if they might help me lose some weight on there and tone it up... I really don't wanna get a bigger bum tbh

Replies

• avocadoshaped
    avocadoshaped Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as spot reduction. However squatting works the bum for tone. So it is a good thing to squat but it probably wont do much good or bad for the old back side for a while. Though as body fat% goes down tone you have works so hard on will be on display.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Eating a deficit will help you lose body fat. A solid strength program will help retain your lean body mass all over, which is ultimately what you want for a nice booty anyway.
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    do supermans and yoga workouts that targe your core/glute and bum

and exercises like kettlebell workouts where you have to use your hip and squeeze your bum.

Squats might make your bum bigger.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    A bunch of bodyweight squats isn't going to do all that much, especially when it comes to losing weight
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Body weight squats will not make your glutes bigger and they will not target fat loss in that area either.

Keep doing them if you enjoy the workout though and keep eating a deficit to lose body fat. It will work just keep at it.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    If you want a firm butt, then squat! This applies to both genders :)
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    From my experience, it seems you need to do cardio to remove the fat, but I have done the 30 day squat challenge and I saw and felt a huge difference, it was lifted and more toned and tighter, I saw such a big difference I did 2 months in a row. The difference was very noticeable but if fat on your bootey, the muscle builds up underneath, your bootey will get bigger but it at least will look better. I also noticed a huge difference in my thighs and the backs of my legs too. Make sure you look up how to do them with proper form for the maximum benefit for your efforts and also if you don't do them correctly you could hurt your knees. I need to do it again...and keep on top of it next time!
  • BranDiesel_27
    Options
    like everyone else on this post. ^^^^^ spot reduction doesn't exist.