Will one bad day cause weight gain?

Options
I had a really bad day today and im worried about gaining weight.
today i ate 4 pieces of toast with nutella
an apple
two bananas
chicken curry and rice
icecream
chocolate
2 cheese and ham toasts
i weighed myself and i weigh 2kg more than in the morning.
do you think the weight will stay?

Replies

• FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It's prob. just water weight, give it 3-5 days to balance out.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/how-to-weigh-yourself-accurately/

Weighing yourself multiple times a day will likely result in frustration.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Natural body weight fluctuations can be as much as 3-5 Lbs day to day due to water retention/release, waste in your system, etc. You cannot gain 1 Lb of fat in a day. Even if you ate 3500 calories over your maintenance one day, you wouldn't put on that Lb of fat...the human body is very good at maintaining and it take a consistent effort (consistently under-eating/over-eating) to override your body's ability to maintain.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/how-to-weigh-yourself-accurately/

Weighing yourself multiple times a day will likely result in frustration.

This.

Then it's probably mostly water weight anyway. I don't know though, it doesn't seem that bad, but I guess it depends on how much of those you ate...
  • wanttobeskinny1212
    Options
    thanks
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    you will gain weight if you eat 3x like that everyday!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    One day won't usually cause weight gain. If I have an over day, I make sure to do a bit more exercise and watch what goes in my mouth the next day. I only weigh myself every two weeks, so I don't get freaked out by fluxuations on a daily basis.
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just like it doesn't take one day to get skinny, it doesn't take one day to put on weight :smile: . It is what you do over time that influences your weight.

Try to have some balance and allow yourself to have some of the foods you enjoy that way losing weight won't seem so hard.

Donna
  • andit001
    andit001 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Food stays in our body up to 16 hours until it is fully digested and the rest of it "comes out".

So, it can be you have a higher weight because those things are still not through all your body. Fluctuations like that cannot only be because of water.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    One bad day WILL cause weight gain -- BUT it does not have to become a new lifestyle. This is not a destination as much as it is a journey and there are hills and valleys along the way... That being said, anytime you weigh yourself in the evening, you will weigh more than you did that morning (unless of course you did not eat any or much); however, that weight will go away again overnight. Even daily weights will fluctuate... don't let that bother you. One bad day is not something that should derail your efforts; just don't make it a habit. Best wishes on your continued success.