Weight loss daily diet

Options
Hello, I've been on a diet with an itake of 1600+ calories a day. I have been doing the ripped in 30 workout every now and then. I haven't been seeing ANY results and this is really sinking my motivation lower and lower by the day...Well my CW is 193, I have never been in the 190's in my enitre life so when I found out I am in the 190's I just knew I need to lose it or i'd end up in the 200's sooner or later. My height is 5'6 1/2 193 pounds. My daily diet isnt seeming to workout, mostly consists of carbs. Could I possibly get suggestions on some plans I could follow. My goal is to drop 50 pounds by end of june or mid-july. help is appreciated. I was also thinking maybe I should increase my daily exercise to 2 hours(1 hour cardio on statinoary bike and 1 hour on ripped in 30), but honestly speaking I may be not able to do 2 hours of exercise daily, would reducing my calorie intake be a good alternative? Thank you all suggestions needed <3

Replies

• niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    1. how long have you been doing this diet/workout for
    2. do you weigh your food?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would suggest consistently sticking to your calorie goals and consistently sticking to your exercise program for 4 weeks before making any drastic changes.

I can tell it's inconsistent because ot the "+" you used after your calorie limit and the "every now and then" you describe in your workout plan. Inconsistency will never get you consistent results.
  • SlimSimSlim
    SlimSimSlim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for a week or more now and yes I eat between 1600-1620 calories daily never over. The workout is something I really need to work on. as of yesterday I decided to do it everyday and that is what I am doing. Have worked out(RI30) last nite and today afternoon. Everything I eat is within the carbs, fats, protein,sugars recommended by MFP.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You should open up your diary, can't help if we can't see what kind of calories you are consuming ... I am 5'6" 130 lbs, , I am sure I can give you helpful advice , just let me know:flowerforyou:
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for a week or more now and yes I eat between 1600-1620 calories daily never over. The workout is something I really need to work on. as of yesterday I decided to do it everyday and that is what I am doing. Have worked out(RI30) last nite and today afternoon. Everything I eat is within the carbs, fats, protein,sugars recommended by MFP.

but do you weigh your food? you could easily be consuming more than you think
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You've been on it a week, you shouldn't expect instant results
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    It can take a good month before you see any results. When losing weight, patience is key ;)
  • Smoozy1
    Smoozy1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My daily diet isnt seeming to workout, mostly consists of carbs. <3

There is part of your problem. And trust me....I also love my carbs. And even though I try to eat all healthy carbs I have learned that I have to make carbs a small part of my daily intake. Not the majority. Try cutting down on your carbs and increasing your protein and see if that helps.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    One week is nothing. You don't need to work out 2 hrs a day, you need to work on staying within calories.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    As others have said, give your body some time to adjust before deciding whether or not a program is working. You don't need to workout every day as long as you're staying withn your calorie goal.

Do be mindful of how you're logging your food though. I note you didn't answer whether or not you're weighing your portions, but hopefully you're at least using measuring cups to figure your portions. Those little inconsistencies and overages can add up quickly.
  • suediet55
    suediet55 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i agree - i have just purchased a food scale i was having double the calories i thought also try having more meat, veg, salad and reduce carbs it seems to be working
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been on a diet with an itake of 1600+ calories a day. I have been doing the ripped in 30 workout every now and then. I haven't been seeing ANY results and this is really sinking my motivation lower and lower by the day...Well my CW is 193, I have never been in the 190's in my enitre life so when I found out I am in the 190's I just knew I need to lose it or i'd end up in the 200's sooner or later. My height is 5'6 1/2 193 pounds. My daily diet isnt seeming to workout, mostly consists of carbs. Could I possibly get suggestions on some plans I could follow. My goal is to drop 50 pounds by end of june or mid-july. help is appreciated. I was also thinking maybe I should increase my daily exercise to 2 hours(1 hour cardio on statinoary bike and 1 hour on ripped in 30), but honestly speaking I may be not able to do 2 hours of exercise daily, would reducing my calorie intake be a good alternative? Thank you all suggestions needed <3
    Hello! I am also 5'6 and began close to your current weight , actually, I was heavier than you ; was 200 pounds on November. Since then, I have lost 25.4 pounds and counting.
    MFP set my calories at 1200 calories. I weight all my food and do cardio 5 times a week and strength trainning twice a week.

What it's works it is being consistant and honest with food and excersise logging and have patience with yourself.