I don't get it!!!!!!!!! So frustrated!

Options
How did I gain 3lbs over the weekend???? I went running yesterday morning. I didn't log every calorie, and yes I did have some "cheat foods" and some alcohol but to gain 3 lbs???? I know I didn't go over by 10,500 calories which is what I would need to have eaten to gain 3lbs.

I am just so frustrated right now. I didn't drink my 8 glasses of water yesterday, but I did on Saturday.

I just want to give up right now. I can't do this. :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :cry: :frown: :embarassed: :noway: :explode: :mad: :huh:

Replies

• Dalejr
    Dalejr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Friday 159 today 164!?! Whatever, just going to try and keep going.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel! I haven't lost any weight on here, and TOM is showing me a gain of 2-3 lbs this week. I have been working my *kitten* off, and for what? To lose a few inches? I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY I LOST WEIGHT!!!! Alot of people will think of 160 as chubby. I am chubby, but not nearly as much as I used to be. But 125 sounds ALOT skinnier than 160, doesn't it? I just wanted to let you know I feel ya.
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    Do NOT give up, you can do this! Give your body a day or too to bounce back from a possible sodium imbalance from drinking. If you were in check and sounds like you were for the most part there is noway you gained 3lbs of fat. Keg the water today and eat a banana or spinach for potassium and that should help with the sodium! Good luck and keep trucking :bigsmile:
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Probably retaining water! Your sodium intake was probably over the top if you did some overage on calories and did some drinking. My humble advice would be to drink a ton of water today, watch your calories, and maybe weigh in again tomorrow morning.
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    I quit getting on the scale-then I don't have the let down! I am eating right and excercising so I figure it has to be doing something-Plus muscle weights more than fat
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!! I "fell off the wagon" last weekend and didn't log - and gained 5 lbs in 3 days! I was shocked!! But I got right back on and have gotten almost all of it off. So.. it will slow my progress a bit - but I'm going to keep plugging away and not worry about it. I'm losing again now, and that's what matters! You will, too - don't worry about what's been done, start logging everything and drinking the water - and it will start coming right back off!! Don't be discouraged, you've got this!!!
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Maybe your run is helping build muscle so you won't see the pounds drop like you expect? I don't know a whole lot about fitness yet but I keep hearing that!
    Don't give up. Just take today as a fresh start and eat right and do what you know is best for you regardless of what the scale shows and when you least expect it you will see those pounds come off again! (it's happened to me!)
  • onemoreblue
    onemoreblue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Water retention, it's water, no fat, do your good thing and in a few days you'll be lighter than before.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Since I'm such a HUGE fooball fan I do drink just a tad much during some of the games. And of course after my teams win I have to celebrate. :drinker: :blushing: So I'm not having any alcohol this week and will have TONS of water and see what happens. Thanks so much for your advice and encouragement!!!!!!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Another piece of humble advice would be that if you think your weekends are going to be like that, maybe change your weigh in day to Friday, instead of Monday.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You answered your own question. You didn't drink your water and I'm betting your cheat foods were high in sodium. Yes, you have to have an extra 3500 calories to store a pound of fat, but not a pound of water. If you have excess sodium, it tells the body to hold onto water. If you don't have enough water, it tells your body to hold onto water. And it doesn't take a lot of water storage to equal a pound. 3 pounds would only be 6 cups of water, if it is just water. Since you went for a run, too, I'm betting that your body also stored glycogen as that is the normal response to exercise in order to insure the adequate fuel source for the next run. So, don't worry about the scale. Get back to your normal healthy habits. And the progress will happen.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    PLEASE don't fixate on the scale! Doesn't give you accurate feedback daily! Weigh yourself twice a month...thats it! Your body is changing daily you just can't see it...If you have the same problem in 30 days then get frustrated. Try to remember this is a Healthy Lifestyle change and in time you WILL see the fruits of your efforts! You are doing this, the scale is not telling you so! Use clothes or measurements for your positive feedback.....got over weight slowly will lose weight slowly,the body is complicated & complex..work with it ...you will be glad you did! ....IF YOU GIVE UP YOU YOU DON'T WIN, KEEP ONE DAY AT A TIME!
  • cmsdives
    Options
    Don't give up my Friend! We all fall off the wagon and feel like we can't continue on this journey, but we can....with the support of each other! Flush your system with lots of water over the next couple days and then get back on the scale later this week, I'll bet you see a better number! Hang in there. :flowerforyou:
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Yeap it's water retention...not drinking water plus probably lots of sodium & alcohol will do it. No worries though, get back to what you were doing before and drink plenty of water to rehydrate :)
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Sounds like water weight to this girl. DEFINITELY not cause to give up (BTW: gaining three 'real' pounds also would be cause to give up).

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Charmagne
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. Your weight will fluctuate sometimes. It is probably water weight. Don't give up! I hate the scale but I'm addicted to steping on it once a day. I'm sure your cloths are fitting better and also you have more energy. Think of all the things that you have accomplished so far!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Water weight is the reason for rapid weight fluctuations. Don't stress, just try to eat cleaner & drink more water & it'll be gone just as fast as it came on :)