28 y/o Female 5ft 6.5 with 25lbs to lose.

Options
Hi all,

This is my second foray into the world of MFP and I am looking to make some like minded friends who can help motivate me and who I can use for inspiration, and maybe vice-versa. I am aiming to get to my target dress size (not weight) by my 29th birthday which is in July. I will spend the last year of my 20's looking and feeling great!

I know my goal is quite far in the future but I am being realistic with my expectations. I am currently doing dry January and so I think that's helping. I wondered if anyone else is? I'm worried that when I do start having the odd G&T that the weight will pile on again. I guess I'll just have to be sensible.

Anyways, lovely to meet you all and hopefully I can find some new friends :flowerforyou:

Replies

• anishaaw
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new to this and I haven't had much luck working on my own. I'll be 29 in April and I've been trying to get back to my college weight since I had my 5yr old. To make matters worse I have a twin sister who is tight and toned and its kind of depressing looking at her and seeing how I used to look. My goal is to lose about 20lbs and to tighten up my tummy that took a good beaten during my first pregnancy. I'm starting today and I will try my hardest to keep this up and stay on track this time. Good Luck!
  • FroggoFrenchie
    FroggoFrenchie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't imagine how infuriating it would be to have a twin who is smaller and toned! Well now that you've started again you've made steps in the right direction. Hopefully we can motivate one another to lose those stubborn 20lbs as that's roughly what I have left to lose!

We can do it :tongue:
  • JennyWenny95
    Options
    hey im 5'6 and also want to loose 25 lbs. its my goal for now well this year im going for a healthier life im a curvy girl huge thighs and hips .i would love to loose the weight for my 19th birthday as well as my graduation i want to actually go dress shopping and be able to find one that fits. i have just started this so far i have lost 8 pounds im on my period right now. i stay away from carbs, i eat melba toast as the only carb source.i eat fresh veggies and fruits as well as grilled chicken brreast or fish or shrimp. i have been on this for 2 weeks so far so good.i also do wrok outs from youtube . Good luck on your journey
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hii! I'm 26 and I've got a bit to lose as well. I am also looking for a sensible way to lose, not too much strain and still finding ways to curb my cravings. :D

I believe in you!!
  • emsyann21
    emsyann21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm also 28 and let the holidays and 60 hour work weeks get me way off track. I have 15-20 to lose in order to be back to a weight that makes me happy. I am also struggling to do it on my own and would love help and to help others. We can do this!
  • oligard
    oligard Posts: 141
    Options
    Welcome aboard