Did you cheat today?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I don't ever cheat. I follow IIFYM, no cheating needed.

Depends on what your macros are. I can only fit deviations into my macros if I eat them in the morning or if the deviations are pretty small, not a whole meal but an item.
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat as such, I just occasionally go over my calorie allowance for the day. But its no biggie, I am a work in progress, so its bound to happen now and again :smile:
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't consider anything I do food-wise to be "cheating." Feeding yourself isn't something good or bad; its a neutral activity. Yes, some days I eat over my calorie goal or outside of my macro goals, but that's life. I make it up by balancing my calories or increasing my exercise the rest of the week--or not.

This is how I plan to behave for the rest of my life--monitoring my weight and calories and making adjustments when needed. That includes eating too much or too little sometimes, and not feeling bad about it. I've got (hopefully) a half century left of this, so I'm not going to get hung up on "cheating."
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat because I don't consider anything cheating. I make food choices and then I live with the outcome. Sometimes the outcome is great, sometimes not, but nothing is off limits for me. This helps me to not feel deprived and I am less likely to binge.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I eat the same as I have for over 40 years of my life. There is no cheating, I just enjoy. Once you take the enjoyment out of anything, your destined to have a problem.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    When I read threads on cheating or good/bad food or guilt associated with eating I wonder why there needs to be a punitive aspect to the process of becoming healthier?

How can you be truly healthy through punishment?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I had dessert at Applebee's. Should still be within my goal tonight and very close on macros.