Any UK Slimming World out there?

Options
Hi, I have been on MFP for quiet a while, its got me down a lot of weight but I have been feeling really hungry and busting the calorie bank with junk so needed something new, here I come Slimming World, this is my third week lost 6lbs so far, it would be absolutely fab to have some fellow Slimming World pals. Thanks, Shel :flowerforyou:

Replies

• angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    hiya shell

I have just had a dr referaal to go to it, so in a few days time or at least by next week I am hoping to start it. Ive done WW before and lost loads but I hate there new pointing system etc and been told slimming world is mnuch better. My referal is for 12 weeks only but id be happy to be friends if you would like to be as I am rly hoping to start next week on the plan :)
  • megan120c
    megan120c Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm on Slimming World so please add me! Theres a Slimming World group on this site if you go into groups and search it, you'll find a lot more people there :D
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I agree I hated the new points system too, and gave up on weight watchers.
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am also doing Slimming World. I am currently living in Australia, but originally from the UK. I started Slimming World about 8 Weeks ago, and although I don't go to a class because they don't have them in Australia, I have done well on my own. I have lost altogether 51lb (3st 9lb) with a mix over the past few years of WW, MFP and now Slimming World. I decided to give Slimming World ago because I started plateauing on MFP and it was really starting to discourage me. I am following the EE plan and find I seem to lose 1lb a week, which I am fine with as I do not have much more to lose. So feel free to add me ladies as I would luv to have some fellow Slimming World friends :0))) Over the past 8 weeks I have lost nearly 14lb so I am really glad that the scales are moving again :0))
  • saunders0000
    saunders0000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hi im doing slimming world and from hampshire i find this site really usefull even doing sw so add me if you want
  • Caroline1803
    Options
    Hiya
    I have successfully been doing SW for a couple of years and have lost 7 stone on it so I know it is one of the easiest and safest plans to do.
    I have stopped going to class for the last couple of weeks and am following it at home and using mfp too. I have moved and the new class just wasn't motivating, inspiring or making me feel any good so I am having a bash on my own.
    Hope this helps x
  • Caroline1803
    Options
    Any SW-ers please feel free to add me, I need all the support in the World to keep me going :-) x
  • helenx1
    helenx1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been doing mpf for 11 months. I've lost 9kg but seem to yo-yo a lot. But I get back on track and thankfully the trend I'd downward rather than up. I keep hearing about slimming world and my cousin in England is on it and loves it. Every time I google it, I just don't get any where. Is it recipes, is it counselling. I'd like to know more and how we do it here in Australia.. Can anyone put me in the right direction?
  • dramamime
    dramamime Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me! I have been doing in since October, I struggled a bit and so am now combining with calorie counting - I really enjoy going to group and believe in the principles of cooking from scratch, but I need to include portion control in my plan otherwise I just pile it high :)
  • stripybear
    Options
    Hi everyone. I joined SW a couple of weeks ago and have just signed up to MFP. I'm doing the C25K plan and would love some new friends so feel free to add me!

Speak soon, Jane
  • rosb40
    rosb40 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I am doing SW too but find the losses very slow so decided to have a couple of 'fast days' each week to try to increase my weekly loss so using MFP for this.

SW members - do you log your eating for SW into MFP as I suspect it goes way over the calories allowed.
  • natty9119
    natty9119 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm not doing SW but slimfast, I have tried SW but failed miserably :(
    Please feel free to add me though as I too am in the UK and we could still support each other :)
  • kimmyatton
    kimmyatton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I joined slimming world the week before new year to beat the rush! made me feel like i was been really good! lost 3lb the first week. But the group sessions at weigh in put me off. i can gain so much more info from on here/ the slimming world facebook page in a hour then i can by sitting listening to some miserable woman moaning about her husband not cooking her steak in a certain way causing her to gain a pound.
    It is a good plan, as with any other plan you have to stick to it. It is very much about cooking from scratch so i find it slightly too time consuming on a night when i work 7-5 then run my own business on a night. WW is better in the sense they do ready meals etc which can just be put in microwave and you know where your at!
    Ive come to MFP as im hoping as long as i log everything and stay under my calorie goal i will have a straight forward plan that i can fit into my hectic schedule!
  • channi_c
    channi_c Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi I am doing SW too but find the losses very slow so decided to have a couple of 'fast days' each week to try to increase my weekly loss so using MFP for this.

SW members - do you log your eating for SW into MFP as I suspect it goes way over the calories allowed.

I use MFP to log my food I eat on my SW plan, Sometimes is does go way over my calorie goal on a very hungry day just dont let it put you off. Stick to SW like your supposed to and if you maintain or have a gain its easier to look back over what you have been doing :)

I find it great to put all my receipies and things into and it helps me choose a healthier option to balance my days out abit better

xx
  • channi_c
    channi_c Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been doing mpf for 11 months. I've lost 9kg but seem to yo-yo a lot. But I get back on track and thankfully the trend I'd downward rather than up. I keep hearing about slimming world and my cousin in England is on it and loves it. Every time I google it, I just don't get any where. Is it recipes, is it counselling. I'd like to know more and how we do it here in Australia.. Can anyone put me in the right direction?

Helen do you have FB? in search engine type slimming world, theres also a group called low syn slimming world meals which is fab the ladies help each other

Books are on sale on ebay, but you can sign up online for an online member ship id maybe recommend a month online till you get the hang of it then you can do it on ur own, i dont know if they do groups over there it shud say online if you search for a group near u x