I don't want to over eat!

Options
Ok people! I've been doing extremely good! I eat a banana early in the morning then go to the gym do my work out and by 8 am I come home and eat a healthy breakfast I eat a snack in between (fruit) then of course a healthy lunch and so forth! I'm watch my portions VERY carefully and keep up with my calorie intake and how much I burn ! But the problem is I'm not feeling full at all ! Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to feel stuffed or over eat by any means but I still would like to feel satisfied ! I've come along way to discipline myself and stick to it! But I really need help? What do I do? Or what am I doing wrong?

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I suggest you make your diary public so people can offer more informed suggestions :)
  • lowfatveg
    lowfatveg Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can't help of we can't see what your eating
  • ladyace0007
    Options
    Your body needs food to fuel your workouts! Obviously, you shouldn't be snacking just because you're bored, anxious, and so forth. But if you're actually hungry, don't deny your body food. You're hungry because you need it! Eating too little is just as dangerous as eating too much. Besides potential health risks, it can slow down your metabolism and ultimately cause you to blow your diet.

MFP's calorie counter is wonderful, but it's not perfect. Your body is the only thing that can let you know what you really need. Just keep making healthy choices and listen to your body, and you will be fine!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Fewer, bigger meals helps with my satiation level. I have found that the small meals philosophy doesn't work for me personally.I prefer to eat large meals and forgo snacks in between.
  • Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without seeing your diary, but off the top of my head my advice would be to make sure you're eating plenty of protein. I know if I stick to eating loads of fruit and veg, then yes it's terribly good for me and not too calorific, but I'll be gnawing the arm off the sofa by lunchtime because it just won't satisfy me. Work in some lean protein, though, and I'm sorted!
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have been writing down everything I eat in a notebook, and when I remembered I had an account on this site I also started tracking what I eat on here as well. Seems to be helping me, although a scale would be beneficial for me because its hard to guess what 4OZ of chicken breast looks like.. lol
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough calories.
    Make sure you're eating enough protein.
    Make sure you're eating enough fat.
    Make sure you're eating enough fibre.
    Make sure you're hydrated.
    If you're following MFP's goal (ie you haven't customised your own calorie goal) then make sure you're eating back at least a good portion of your exercise calories.
    Experiment with meal timing/size/frequency to find what suits you best. I'm another one that doesn't feel satisfied on lots of small meals, I prefer fewer, larger meals.

Have a read of this too: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/9-ways-to-deal-with-hunger-on-a-diet.html
  • ladybarksdale
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! I've been on a health streak for a while but I only been using MPF for about two weeks now to better keep up with things!!!! But thank u guys for all the positive responses and advise! Oh and il be sure to change that privacy setting to get better advise in the future ! Thanks again!
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm going to leave you in the capable hands of Sharee http://funeralformyfat.tumblr.com/

Here she explains that you have to eat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4fKr4o0Yc4
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! I've been on a health streak for a while but I only been using MPF for about two weeks now to better keep up with things!!!! But thank u guys for all the positive responses and advise! Oh and il be sure to change that privacy setting to get better advise in the future ! Thanks again!

Sounds from your OP like you eat a lot of fruit/veggies. I find that I feel fuller when I have protein and fat with every meal. Try that and see if it works for you too :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My guess would be that your idea of "healthy" is a lot of fruit and veg. For proper nutrition you also need plenty of protein and healthy dietary fat as well. If you're not getting enough fat and protein you're not going to be satiated.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough calories.
    Make sure you're eating enough protein.
    Make sure you're eating enough fat.
    Make sure you're eating enough fibre.
    Make sure you're hydrated.
    If you're following MFP's goal (ie you haven't customised your own calorie goal) then make sure you're eating back at least a good portion of your exercise calories.
    Experiment with meal timing/size/frequency to find what suits you best. I'm another one that doesn't feel satisfied on lots of small meals, I prefer fewer, larger meals.

Have a read of this too: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/9-ways-to-deal-with-hunger-on-a-diet.html

+1
  • AvaWawa2008
    AvaWawa2008 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Protein!! Boost up your protein intake in the morning!

Hope that helps.

:)