Seems like the obvious answer....Walden Farms

Options
I hear a lot of negative things about Walden farms products. One reason I decided to order from them is because I absolutely LOVE peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but after I started calorie counting I realized that the amount of calories in a pb and j sandwich was not worth it. So I thought I would go the 0 calorie route (Walden farms) and order the peanut butter and strawberry jelly. There are no words to describe how disgusting the peanut butter is. The jelly was alright....When I read reviews online I heard people talking about how terrible it is and how they just threw the peanut butter away..I for one am not going to throw away $5 dollars worth of food. So I decided to mix some REAL peanut butter with the walden farms product and REAL jelly with the walden farms jelly. It taste completely normal. and less than half the calories of a regular pb and j. I know nothing is more appealing than a 0 calorie product but people need to be realistic..I want to be able to enjoy what I eat and not eat it because of how low the calorie amount is.

I don't mean to be captain obvious but hoping those people will think twice about throwing their product away...

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a great source of protein, I eat it by the tablespoon almost daily. It's filling, quick, gives me some of the fat and protein I require. Don't get rid of it from your diet, just make it work in your daily day
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    how many calories were your pre-walden pb&j's? Mine are less than 300 cals using the real stuff and worth every calorie.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    You can always use pb2.

Also, Walden Farms isn't food, so don't worry about throwing it away.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    You can always use pb2.

+1
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Having no clue what Walden Farms is, I opened a new tab and went to their website… The first thing that caught my eye was a big bottle of chocolate syrup in the middle of my screen, followed by the words "No Calories, Fat, Carbs, Gluten or Sugars of any kind!" in the upper-left corner. My immediate reaction: What kind of sorcery is this?!

Nope. No thank you.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well...I'm up for the challenge. I just bought a jar. I have to try this 'stuff'. I mean...NO calories? PB2 does have calories but at least the taste is there.
    Perhaps I take the OP advice and mix with the real stuff if it turns out that I hate the stuff!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Having no clue what Walden Farms is, I opened a new tab and went to their website… The first thing that caught my eye was a big bottle of chocolate syrup in the middle of my screen, followed by the words "No Calories, Fat, Carbs, Gluten or Sugars of any kind!" in the upper-left corner. My immediate reaction: What kind of sorcery is this?!

Nope. No thank you.

You can't buy it here in shops (I don't think) so I'd have to have it shipped over. It's not something I'm planning on doing - im with you, what on earth is it?!? I'd rather just eat less of a real food than a pile of magical (?) goop
  • melybelyc
    Options
    I was going to buy their mayo - but decided I would stick with homemade Hummus to mix everything with - like the flavor better anyway. Thanks for the info - though, now I know I won't ever order.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a great source of protein, I eat it by the tablespoon almost daily. It's filling, quick, gives me some of the fat and protein I require. Don't get rid of it from your diet, just make it work in your daily day

I do that too! I keep a jar of peanut butter at work for this reason. I can tell if I eat too many carbs and/or need more protein, a tablespoon of peanut butter usually helps.

As for the original post, I really like Walden Farms salad dressings but haven't tried anything else.
  • rondaj05
    Options
    You can always use pb2.

What is PB2?
  • Satiable
    Satiable Posts: 121
    Options
    You can always use pb2.

What is PB2?
    PB2 = reduced fat peanut butter. It comes in powdered form, you mix it with water to make a spread.

…still not as good as the real thing, but it helps me hit my protein macros without going overboard on fats.
    http://www.bellplantation.com/products/2-pack-pb2-2-pack-chocolate-pb2.html
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    From their website:
    PB2 has the same consistency as full fat peanut butter with all of the natural roasted peanut flavor, but with nearly 85% less fat calories. PB2 is made with high quality peanuts that are slow-roasted to our specifications and pressed to remove the oil. All natural with no artificial flavors or sweeteners, and no preservatives.
  • rondaj05
    Options
    Thank you! @Satiable and @ toddis :flowerforyou:
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great idea OP!!
  • llWishfulShrinkingll
    Options
    When your at 1200 calories a day...it is difficult..to fit in 2 tablespoons I don't try to replace everything with walden farms. I have don e my research and i appreciate everyone helpful input! :]
  • llWishfulShrinkingll
    Options
    I will have to look up on the pb2...THANKS!
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You can always use pb2.

+1

Agree...I can't help to think what's in there that gives taste and volume without calories.
  • MarisaFimbres19
    MarisaFimbres19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried the pancake syrup from walden farms and it was good...no complaints