Shaved 5 minutes from my 5k!

amandalc980
amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
edited September 22 in Success Stories
They didn't time us with chips, it was timed by when we crossed the finish line. Which means if you started in the front this ir probably accurate. If you started near the back (like I did) this time is slightly off. I did better than my "official time"! I felt great! I am thinking about doing a 10k for thanksgiving instead of just another 5k.

Place for age
30 out of 74

Overall Place
306 out of 615

Time
34:51

Replies

• elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    GREAT JOB!!! I'm doing the Couch to 10k program right now and really like it! I'm thinking of trying an 8k somewhere in the middle. I don't know if I have the motivation for the 10k during the winter in the Northeast :happy: Keep up the good work!
  • debwilson
    debwilson Posts: 24 Member
    If there were using chips it should be very accurate. It starts the time when you cross the start line. I just ran my first 5 K a couple of weeks ago in Chicago with 30,000 people. My daughters who are avid runners have gps watches and they set their watches for me and what the watch said and my time was exactly the same. Sure wish it had been as good as your time!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Time
    34:51

WTG!! I havent run in a race but I ran a 34:54 this morning! Woot!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    well done!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!