Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried not eating after 6?
    Why?
  • ladette11
    Options
    just wanted to see if u had any positive results from it.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Watch out. Anything you eat at precisely 6:01 will instantly make you gain weight
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I often don't eat after 6, as I finish work and go out ...it makes no difference really, is all calories in vs calories out.
  • ladette11
    Options
    I tried it the pass few days and I found myself over eating today:(
  • ladette11
    Options
    Ha! Valorie your funny I needed that laugh....
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I work 3 to 10:30 tonight, so I won't even get to have dinner until 11 pm. Not sustainable if you work a varied schedule or plan on going out after dark.
  • clsindc
    clsindc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I regularly don't eat dinner until 8pm and have lost 60 pounds. Unless your bedtime is 8pm, you may be setting yourself up for some late-night binges by setting this rule.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat within your calorie limit, you will lose weight no matter when you ate the calories.

Not eating after 6pm could leave you with many hours with no food - I go to sleep at around 12 and would be starving if I did that. Plus I find personally that eating little and often helps me to keep my moods constant. If I eat a large meal and then nothing for a long term I get very moody and annoyed. This is only a trend that I noticed when somebody pointed it out to me, and now that I know it's great that I can keep control over it.

EDIT: During weight loss, my lifestyle at points made that it was unavoidable to have a huge gap of not eating for most of the day. Breakfast, time to grab a quick snack at lunch, and then nothing else until I got home at around half 10. Yes okay, so it's not ideal, and I was cranky as anything, but I still lost weight because my calories were just the same as they would have been if I'd had the same food at different times.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Meh don't worry about it....just eat when you want!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,515 Member
    Options
    Meal timing has been found to have no effect on weight loss or gain. As long as you are tracking your calories and staying in a deficit, you will lose weight, no matter when you eat.
  • ladette11
    Options
    I agree...
  • sonytomtp
    sonytomtp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Watch out. Anything you eat at precisely 6:01 will instantly make you gain weight
    Useful post (sarcasm). The OP only asks if other members have done it, nothing more.

It doesn't matter what time you consume your daily calories for weight loss. Perhaps you could look into intermittent fasting to see how some people are successful eating once or twice a day.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    No. I like evening snacks. Since it doesn't matter when I eat in regards to weight gain or loss, I'll continue to eat my evening snacks.
  • XjXannX
    XjXannX Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The only reason there is that idea of not eating after a certain time is because of the kinds of foods people are more likely to eat once it starts getting late. Other than over eating and eating garbage there's no real reason to not eat after 6
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I wake up hungry...
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I've had to not eat after 7 due to acid reflux type issues. I've noted no change in appetite or weight due to this.
  • rostraqueen
    Options
    My shifts at work are so varied that I can't really control when I eat, I just try to have something at fairly regular intervals.
    I have found that, when I get home after a late shift at 11.30pm, If I have a big meal and go straight to bed, I often wake up in the night craving sugar. Don't know why this is, but I now try to have a snack around 7pm whilst at work and just have something small when I get home. If I'm on an early shift however (awake at 5.30 to leave for work at 6.20am) I have less of an appetite throughout the day and have a small breakfast, cup of tea mid-morning and small lunch then have a decent dinner at around 6pm.
  • AeternityMiserealis
    Options
    I don't eat until 9 pm because at 9 I will stuff in a huge meal which takes up most of my calories and use the rest of the time before bedtime to snack until I fill my calorie limit. lol
    Otherwise I will eat all day :S Id rather go to bed full and be hungry during the day just so I can actually fall asleep haha x