Pre-ride meal suggestions

Options
This is my first time posting but have enjoyed reading the forum.

I'm looking for healthy things to eat prior to a 4 hour bike ride. I've been cycling for almost four years now and typically ride 150 to 200 miles a week. Lately I have been trying to drop some weight so looking for healthy options. I've lost 30 lbs since I started cycling but the riding isn't doing it anymore. I can't just eat whatever anymore and expect to keep losing. I would appreciate any suggestions on meals/shakes/smoothies, it doesn't matter. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Don't really any advice. Just caution you to make sure you fuel your ride and get enough electrolytes pre/during ride. Several years ago, I was "dieting" and skipped the gatorade and most of the food on a 70 mile ride in the heat. I did drink plenty of water. At the race end right after I got off my bike, I passed out.... Lesson learned.
  • whitehaze
    whitehaze Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't really any advice. Just caution you to make sure you fuel your ride and get enough electrolytes pre/during ride. Several years ago, I was "dieting" and skipped the gatorade and most of the food on a 70 mile ride in the heat. I did drink plenty of water. At the race end right after I got off my bike, I passed out.... Lesson learned.

Thanks mlogantra! I've bonked a few times on the bike due to not taking in enough calories...No fun! I rode 56 miles today and made sure to fuel during my ride. My garmin data is saying I burned 1254 calories during todays ride, I had a protein shake when I got home but will be having a good supper tonight.