Anyone else losing 100 lbs in 2014?

Options
Hi! I have 100 lbs to lose and would love to have friends online for support and motivation along the way, that have the same weight loss goal in mind.

I'm 5' 11'' and 49 years old.

It is my gift to myself to reach my goal weight of 175 lbs by my 50th birthday this December!

Join me on the journey?

Cheers!

Lyn

Replies

• curlysue06
    curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi! Youre welcome to add me if you would like. Two years ago i started my weight loss journey needing to lose over 100lbs... So within the first year i lost 70lbs.. Now i still have 40lbs to lose. It is a tough journey but i keep going or at least keep trying. I made it through with the help of friends. So if you need another pal, add me! We could help each other reach our goals!
  • lisa196922
    lisa196922 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started last year also. I was over 250# now I am 203#. I still need to lose 65 more pounds to reach my fitness goals. I will tell you if you're not exercising yet. Zumba is fun way to get started. I had heart palpitations and sob when I started now I am a pro at it...... A year later....lol....... with a lot of pounds that left with it. When you chose an instructor pick one of the hard ones. They will challenge your body the most. I still struggle with losing weight because I love sweets but I am on my way !!!! Feel free to add me. I have amazing weight loss friends. They keep me going and I feel supported.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm getting closer. At one point I was only 12 pounds away thanks to MFP and my awesome gym, but lost motivation for a while. Now I'm back on track and so excited to reach my goal!

Congrats on signing up here. You've already made a step in the right direction. Here's some insight into what to expect:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/857137-for-the-newbies-here-is-what-losing-80-pounds-is-like
  • Mommy2BnG
    Mommy2BnG Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! My husband and I are starting on a similar journey: we both have a lot of weight to lose & are planning to get it together this year. I would love to connect & support one another! I'm on week 1, and am planning to lose 100lbs this year.

Let's do it together!
    Meg
  • sunstarz80
    sunstarz80 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ideally I would love to lose about 90 more pounds, but honestly, if I could drop another 70, I'd be completely happy. It's nice to see several others in the same position. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • BBeam3087
    Options
    Hi! I lost 100lbs over a year and a half starting in 2009. Over the past 2 years I've gained 40 back (thanks to relationship happiness haha) so I completely understand where you are coming from. My partner and I both gained weight since being together and we are both on the path to losing. Feel free to add me! Would love to swap tips, tricks and inspiration! Good luck on your journey :)
  • lbastion222
    Options
    I also have 100# to loose, I'm 62 and am trying to get motivated. It would be nice to have more friends here to push me on. lbastion222