365 days so far!!

Options
One year ago today I started my new life journey, a journey I always wanted to do but could never get started!!! I was determined to get healthy and become a new me espcially since I was starting college. It started off great I lost 40 LBS in 4 months and had so much energy and felt soooo great!! I went home for the summer was still active, hiked daily, went running and ate healthy even though I had a job and people to see; while home I lost 25 LBS :) I was down 65 LBS I was loving the changes!!!! However, moving back and starting a new program life got busy, I started to focus on school more than my health, in October I was sexual assaulted by a client at my job shadow, also I lost a close friend to cancer....I slowly gained weight and when November came I had gained weight back and I had went abck to my old ways! In Novemebr I decided enough was enough; I decided to work on the mental battle first because that is VERY important; so for the past two months I have not focused on weight loss but the mental battle! I have been working with a counsellor and I will be starting a 10 week self-esteem workshop. I feel this past year was a year of learning, a year of learning healthy foods vs. unhealthy (which is harder than you think; somethings healthy are not actually healthy), I learned about exercise and how to maximize my workouts. In 1 year (365 days) I lost a total of 22 LBS, 25 inches and I gained 8 LBS of muscle :) I also found a passion for running and weight lifting!! This year my goals are the following:

1. Lose 78 LBS and reach my first major goal of 100 LBS lost
2. Run my first 5K
3. Bench press 100 LBS (currently at 65 LBS)
4. Love myself more
5. Try a new recipe weekly

27xmbna.jpg

Replies

• djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Megan, well done. You sound like you have been through a lot. I am happy that you are seeking ways to improve your self-love. Weight loss and self-esteem building take great courage and conviction, sometimes, we are not ready to embrace it, sometimes, we miss the opportunity altogether, and sometimes, we get a mulligan. Embrace every moment. Thank you for sharing your story and I wish you well on your path!
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Lovely :)
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • mfpkmp60
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!