Thank you MFP

Options
Logging my food has given me a new appreciation of food. Eating is no longer an automatic response to boredom, stress, other emotions or even hunger. Eating is a conscious choice I make. So when I consciously decide to have a stack of pancakes for breakfast, covered with real butter and syrup, I can truly enjoy and appreciate the experience, feel fully satiated, without a lick of guilt. Thank you MFP.

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I like this. :drinker: ( I had pancakes for breakfast as well.)
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Best food thread I've seen all year!!
  • TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Logging my food gave me an appreciation for what I put into my body. It's made my loss sustainable!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Logging my food has given me a new appreciation of food. Eating is no longer an automatic response to boredom, stress, other emotions or even hunger. Eating is a conscious choice I make. So when I consciously decide to have a stack of pancakes for breakfast, covered with real butter and syrup, I can truly enjoy and appreciate the experience, feel fully satiated, without a lick of guilt. Thank you MFP.

ETA: I feel no compulsive need to got back for more, to eat for the sake of eating. I am content to eat, to enjoy. So much more satisfying than to stuff my face mindlessly.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    :heart: Love this! :heart:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It also helped me realize I can eat anything...but not all in the same day! Spread it out and plan ahead, that works for me.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Love this!! I had waffles, with cool whip, fruit and bacon! No guilt!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Great post! :drinker:
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I echo this! Cheers MFP! :drinker:
  • GolfBird1
    Options
    :drinker: great post! My sentiments too!
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I agree. During my Christmas 'binge break' I would eat a handful of crisps with out appreciating the flavour- getting myself the next hand ready whilst still chewing. now I am back on 'logging mode'; The other day I 'pinched' 1 crisp of my husband broke it into 4 to make it last longer and savoured every bit of it. Enjoyed it more than the packet I had at Christmas!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    "dieting" You're doing it right. :drinker: