Cleanse

Options
Looking for a good, homemade cleanse. Any ideas???

Replies

• wife2mikejh
    Options
    Google the lemonade diet. There is some kind of lemonade type cleanse drink you can make yourself.
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The lemonade cleanse is not that great -- sure, you lose a lot of weight, but you're drinking your calories for 2 weeks. I have done it twice. You feel great when you're on it (the first 5 days are HELL, though), and then as soon as you start eating again, all of your "hard work" dissipates and you're right back where you started.
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just cut out sugar and processed foods and drink lots of water. Your body cleanses itself. The master cleanse is terrible. Dont do it!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I recently went on a soup "cleanse" for 2 days and lost 2 lbs. that was about 2 weeks ago and I have lost 1 1/2 lbs. since then.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I recently went on a soup "cleanse" for 2 days and lost 2 lbs. that was about 2 weeks ago and I have lost 1 1/2 lbs. since then.

That would be a good plan, eat nothing but WW's 0-point vegetable soup but add some chicken for necessary protein and then you wouldn’t be hungry all the time like you would on the Master Cleanse but the daily calories about probably be under 800 which isn't good overall.

I did the grapefruit diet for 5 days , it’s easy aren’t you aren’t hungry but it’s like 850 calories a day and little to no fiber so not recommended for a long period of time.
  • pell53
    pell53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "Cleansing" is totally discouraged by the medical community and is a short-term answer - commit to a long-term investment, look for results in 6 weeks, 6 months......not 6 days. Quick fixes aren't the answer for long-term health. :-)
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    I'm not actually looking to lose weight through cleansing. My doctor has had me do herbal cleanses before for a number of reasons, one being to balance horomone levels. I was just wondering if there was some "at-home" cleanse I could do without purchasing the herbal cleanse.
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options

That would be a good plan, eat nothing but WW's 0-point vegetable soup but add some chicken for necessary protein and then you wouldn’t be hungry all the time like you would on the Master Cleanse but the daily calories about probably be under 800 which isn't good overall.

I did the grapefruit diet for 5 days , it’s easy aren’t you aren’t hungry but it’s like 850 calories a day and little to no fiber so not recommended for a long period of time.

Soup is loaded with sodium. You'll probably overload your system with salt if you eat nothing but soup! I've learned that cutting out entire food groups will give you results that won't last. Best way to "cleanse" you body is to eat lots of fruit, veggies and clean foods. Keep your sodium low and fiber high!
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    I suggest going raw for a while. You don't count calories or anything, because it's basically just plant-based so you will fill yourself up on very few calories. It's so boring though, I will warn you. But if you only do it for a couple weeks, it will probably help.
  • padbh
    padbh Posts: 40
    Options
    Have your Dr. recomend something for your needs.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I don't agree with cleanses. I feel the can strip your body of things you need and only make you *kitten* yourself stupid. I don't see having the runs as healthy.
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sorry, this isn't about Cleanse, but I figured you'd be sure to see this. Tomorrow morning I will have 45 miles left on my trip to Bethlehem. Why don't you join me from this point on. I Gazelle, do a walking tape or walk a trail in town when weather allows. You can also bike or do any other distance exercise. 43 miles to go before Christmas!!!
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My best homemade "cleanse" is:
    Eating whole foods
    Drinking enough water
    Getting enough sleep.

My body is incredibly efficient at cleansing itself.
    Works like a charm every time.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The lemonade cleanse is not that great -- sure, you lose a lot of weight, but you're drinking your calories for 2 weeks. I have done it twice. You feel great when you're on it (the first 5 days are HELL, though), and then as soon as you start eating again, all of your "hard work" dissipates and you're right back where you started.

I feel this way about ALL cleanses.

It's not like you have a pound of rotting meat dissipating toxins into your body...

Just cut out the crap from your diet, add in some exercise, and you will soon see that your body is "cleansed" since your GI tract will be more "regular." :flowerforyou: