need help loosing belly fat

Options
Keji306
Keji306 Posts: 13 Member
I have never had a flat tummy and have always battled with my weight. Now have a 5 month old baby and I really want to loose weight and be trimmed. I have joined a boot camp for once a week since november and now have a personal training for twice a week. So my exercise routine is covered.
The help I need now is how to stay on track with my eating,and foods i have to eat to cut that belly fat for life. I have started cutting my calories a bit and cutting down on carb. Just need more help and motivation.

Replies

• rostraqueen
    Options
    Sounds like you've really got yourself going, so I applaud you for that! This might not be very helpful, but have you tried asking your personal trainer? I'm betting he/she will have some good tips - I'd be interested to hear what they say as well!
  • Katey12891
    Katey12891 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can't just cut fat out of one area (ie belly) you would need to be losing fat on your whole body to get rid of fat. This can be achieved through exercise and calorie deficit. No matter how many crunches you do you will still have fat there , crunches will only make your abdominal muscles bigger and stronger. However, strength training in conjunction with exercise I have found dies firm up things for you but you do need to get rid of the fat to show off your beautiful muscles! I say this so you won't be disappointed. Also, I've seen lots of links to research on this site posted by other members that suggest cutting out gluten from your diet. Apparently there's a thing called "wheat belly"
  • justdrwnthatway
    justdrwnthatway Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey
    Swap your potatoes/rice/pasta for spinach/broccoli/kale. If you eat meat try and stick with the lean meats like turkey and try to add more white fish into your diet. Making your own sauces is good as well as you know everything that's going in and can control your salt.
    That's what's been helping me although I'm a vegetarian so its slightly different.
    Good luck :)
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    LOSE for the love of God! Not loose!!!
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Is it really necessary to correct the spelling of complete on a website that is related to health & fitness?

And Keji when you can find this answer, please let me know because I am dealing with the same thing.
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options

LOL!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Is it really necessary to correct the spelling of complete on a website that is related to health & fitness?

And Keji when you can find this answer, please let me know because I am dealing with the same thing.

That sentence is grammatically incorrect. You're welcome.
  • Annetinkerbell
    Annetinkerbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Portion control for food is a good start. A good rule to follow is to have half your plate as vegetables. It means I have less room for carbs but still eat a big plate of food.

Good luck, and it's still early days, I bet you're not getting a full nights sleep yet. Make sure you take recovery days :)
  • Keji306
    Keji306 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started two weeks ago, and I am waiting for meal plan from her. don't mind sharing it with you wen i get it. Just wanted to get success stories from people and to get motivation.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Fat will come off where it comes off and that's basically the way it goes. If you could spot target people wouldn't suffer from bat wings, side rolls, big butts or whatever their "area" is they are unhappy with. Just have to stick with a program and expect it to be a marathon and not a sprint. The only "quick fix" is liposuction but without proper nutrition you could put that fat right back on. Sounds like you are on your way already, just have to hang in longer
  • melissayoungblood
    melissayoungblood Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have you asked your personal trainer as I believe in a gym they are supposed to teach you nutrition as well. I am soon to get a trainer as well. Good luck! Staying active sure helps. I need to know the same thing myself.
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to get success stories from people and to get motivation.

This is the point of this website and my statement (which was written too fast so a word was left out) Wilmnoca.... for people to help each other and not rag on one another.
  • Obeah1
    Obeah1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking a couple of years ago and 20 pounds of belly fat magically appeared. The difficulty I have in getting it off is compounded by a near addiction to carbs. I'm now working out and watching calories to bring my waistline and body fat percentage down, but its not easy. Good luck to both of us.
  • melissayoungblood
    melissayoungblood Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes please share. Thanks! I just started reading a book also called Burn the Fat and Feed the Muscle. Appears to cover almost everything. But I am only on page 9 so can't give much advice yet.