Binged ;(

Options
After a wonderful week (snacks - but moderate and within my aims) I have binged to the point of feeling ill.

I just felt down and lousy so indulged in 1000 calories.

Sugar is my weakness! How do others fight these urges?

Replies

• shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    try Questbar . 20 gram protein one gram sugar will keep u satisfy .
  • AbigailWins
    Options
    Try to avoid feeling down and lousy. Start again tomorrow and keep going. It's ok. You can still lose weight.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have heard of dozens of ways to combat this. About 15 years ago while working at a different job, a coworker told me she kept a picture of herself in each drawer of her cubicle to remind herself who she was dieting and changing her lifestyle for.

A couple of things I would recommend would be to have a stash of fun size or mini candies and allow yourself to have 1 or 2 and drink a ton of water. Most folks just need to taste something sweet to get satisfied.

Above all else, stay in touch with your buddies and friends here. We all have demons to work through. I am not that much of a sugar savage, but I am a good ole corn fed country boy and I LOVE MEAT! I have trouble with portions and I have been working on that. Hope that helps :-)
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Try to avoid feeling down and lousy. Start again tomorrow and keep going. It's ok. You can still lose weight.
    Great advice. It happens because none of us is perfect. Sometimes I just have to leave the house altogether. A cup of tea helps sometimes, too. Don't beat yourself up. Just keep trying.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    It's 1000 calories...not even 1/3 of a pound surplus. Forgive yourself and move on.
  • asaffell
    asaffell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing is to stop the cycle by letting it go. You binge, you beat yourself up, you make more poor choices, and then the road becomes hard and depressing. instead, just let it go and hop back in. And then you piece together the little triumphs to keep you going! We often focus so hard on failing that one misstep erases all of our victories. Don't let that happen, stay with the victories and let this pass! :)
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Bita964 is on point! Quest bars ARE AWESOME!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!!
  • Marie29032002
    Options
    The biggest thing is to stop the cycle by letting it go. You binge, you beat yourself up, you make more poor choices, and then the road becomes hard and depressing. instead, just let it go and hop back in. And then you piece together the little triumphs to keep you going! We often focus so hard on failing that one misstep erases all of our victories. Don't let that happen, stay with the victories and let this pass! :)
    This is so true, well said.. binging is life we can't live a life saying oh I can't eat this and can't eat that, that's when you Bing eat or cheat Ur self eating sneaky foods thinking it's ok... best way to think is, u enjoyed what u ate and start a fresh the next day. As the old saying goes "no point crying over spilt milk" don't be hard on Ur self everyone deserves treats and blow outs x
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    try Questbar . 20 gram protein one gram sugar will keep u satisfy .

These help me too.

Otherwise, been there done that lol. All you can do is move on. And honestly it hasn't made a huge difference one way or another... I've still lost a lot of weight.
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    When I get depressed and want to eat I usually go for a walk listening to my music. Its then I do my best thinking. I also chew sugar free gum when I get a sugar craving.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what are your daily calorie goals?? i find that the people that tend to have a binge and feel really really bad about it, are the ones that eat very very little and don't allow themselves some treats now and again.

some people do really really well going cold turkey and quitting their vices. others need to ween themselves off it and either having small amounts occasionally, or none at all.
  • soubriquette
    soubriquette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know for me personally the only way to prevent myself from a binge is to remove sugar from my diet. I try to avoid sugar and refined carbs. I know many will say "moderation" but for me personally there is no such thing. I have more control if i stick to fruit, veges, dairy and meat and don't even try to tempt myself with breads and cookies.

Feel free to friend me if you want to talk more about it.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I drink alot of water. I have been eating clean for a month and I have found if I do binge on junk food I get nauseous. Once your body gets use to healthy food, you crave healthy food. Tomorrow is another day. Just forgive yourself and move on to a better day tomorrow. Big hugs!
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Chips are my binge trigger. Once I have one, I often open up like a Gatling gun on the fridge. Don't worry though, binging once in a while isn't going to really hurt your long term goal as long as you stay committed.
  • nofearbebravelive
    Options
    I don't really consider 1000 calories a binge, that's just making a bad decision and easily rectified with exercise. The bright side is that it wasn't as bad as it could've been. Just start again. One bite at a time...
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Its okay! I did the same thing last night. I eat impeccably for a few weeks then I'll eat a whole homemade apple crumble! haha If you are consistent in your exercise and eating then it wont do any damage :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you binged and ate at maintenance? thats not exactly a binge
  • SaraSlimAway
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice! Today was a better day. I'll try and stay focused but it's hard!

To the last poster...I had already eaten all my calorific intake and the nighttime munchies led to 1000 calories of junk intake!