Fitbit/HRM/Quick add calories burnt?

Options
Is there an option somewhere to quick add calories burnt? I'm considering getting a Polar hrm which doesn't sync to MFP and just wondering how everyone goes about adding their calories burnt?

Also, does anyone use a hrm with a Fitbit? Do you take your Fitbit off when you're using your hrm?

I've also been looking at the Pear training intelligence hrm - do Bluetooth hrm automatically add workout times so that you're not doubled up with Fitbit data?

Replies

• Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I just select "Aerobics-general" under the exercise added part of my diary and input the minutes worked out and calories burned on my HRM. I don't have a Fitbit, so I can't answer your questions regarding that. Sorry!
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    In MFP whenever you go to add an exercise you can overwrite the estimate with the more accurate figure from your HRM. Just type in the box!

As for the Fitbit question - yes, I still wear my Fitbit when I exercise because I want it to count the steps. I then input my workout data (calories etc) into MFP with the start time and duration, which syncs across to Fitbit and overwrites what Fitbit thinks you burned with your actual (HRM) calorie burn for that time period.

I really hope that makes sense; very tired when writing!
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add: there is a Fitbit group on here which may be able to answer the question better than I did!

Here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users
  • hanab1987
    hanab1987 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    In MFP whenever you go to add an exercise you can overwrite the estimate with the more accurate figure from your HRM. Just type in the box!

As for the Fitbit question - yes, I still wear my Fitbit when I exercise because I want it to count the steps. I then input my workout data (calories etc) into MFP with the start time and duration, which syncs across to Fitbit and overwrites what Fitbit thinks you burned with your actual (HRM) calorie burn for that time period.

I really hope that makes sense; very tired when writing!

Thanks Hannah that makes total sense, I didn't realise you were able to overwrite the estimate MFP gave you haha!