Five Days in a row

Options
All this is this first time I have been on a diet or should I say life style change, in I can't remember. I am stoked about it and I know it is only five days but that is big to me. I walked for an hour today. I know all you P90Xers and stuff are laughing at me, but this is big for this 56 year old man!!!

Er' body keep pushing keep moving. By the grace of God I will string 365 days of life style change together! Take care!

Bill

Replies

• callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    It's great you are feeling so positive

This is also the first time my body and mind has responded well to a healthier lifestyle. This is my 7th day and I am loving it!

Keep up the good work!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    All this is this first time I have been on a diet or should I say life style change, in I can't remember. I am stoked about it and I know it is only five days but that is big to me. I walked for an hour today. I know all you P90Xers and stuff are laughing at me, but this is big for this 56 year old man!!!

Er' body keep pushing keep moving. By the grace of God I will string 365 days of life style change together! Take care!

Bill

Only a few thousand days to go now.
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    Not laughing at all -- cheering! What a great start! Congratulations and keep up the good work! And remember, even if you slip up one day, it doesn't ruin anything...just come right back to the path and try again. 2014 can be the year you truly transform your life!
  • CoastGuardBill
    CoastGuardBill Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cally! I hope you reach all the goals in your life not just fitness!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Keep chugging along and you'll reach your goal before you know it
  • mlauster
    mlauster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, and focus on that day! Before you know it, it will be day 366. Awesome job, keep it up!
  • CoastGuardBill
    Options
    This Time,

Thank you sooo much for the encouragement. I have transformed my life in other ways but it is now time for the physical change!

Bill
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you Bill - 52 years old and have too many to count attempts under my belt to get into the 100s on the scale. This is day 12 for me, and it's been a couple of years since I've ventured past a week on the healthy living train. Here's to both of us finally caring enough about ourselves to keep this going for the rest of our lives.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I can't imagine anyone laughing at someone that is improving their life.

Keep at it !
  • tammylester6
    tammylester6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not laughing at all. In fact I'm impressed. Walking an hour is nothing to laugh at. I've just started back to my "exercise routine" and am only walking 40 mins. Proud of you!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Bill you can do this, take it one day at a time, one choice at a time, one pound at a time. Strive for consistency not perfection and you'll be celebrating 365 days and many victories a long the way!
  • lauriemueller9
    Options
    Not laughing at all. Congratulations and good luck with your journey! You can do it!
  • walterclark1221
    walterclark1221 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats, the 1st week was the hardest for me. I was down with a broken ankle, unable to walk when I started. I lost 17 lbs. alone just by learning to eat more health selections and proportions. Just stick with it, it's worth the change!
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to others - just focus on YOUR goals and progress! An hour of walking is fantastic, and better than an hour sitting in front of the TV! Keep up that positive attitude. It will certainly serve you well
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You're doing fine and walking is a wonderful step to a healthier you. Keep going!!! And before you know it those days will add up quickly.
  • CoastGuardBill
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your positive responses and encouragement! I know with this kind of support, I am going to go all the way!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Bill, you will do great! I'm almost 60 and I've lost all my weight by mostly walking and calorie deficit.
    I also like elliptical and lifting, but I love walking!
  • b2kelly
    b2kelly Posts: 62
    Options
    Just keep on pushing and remember the key to weight loss is to not eat so much but not starve. Just check yourself before you do a fat thing, if you know its fat than don't do it, if you have to ask if what you are doing is a fat person thing than it probably is. Mindset is key you will get there. Keep it up!
  • asaffell
    asaffell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    One hour is awesome! You have to start to be great and this is an awesome start. One day at a time.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    consistency is key.. your rocking it!!