Cheat Meals

Options
What does everyone think about "cheat" meals or even days?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    In case you don't get any replies, you might try searching for "cheat" in the threads--there must be dozens just in the last couple of weeks.

Home > Recent Posts > My Topics > Settings > Search
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Simply put, you aren't going to do much damage to your diet with a cheat day. If you are sticking to your diet 6 out of 7 days per week I can guarantee you will see progress.

I commonly cheat one day a week. I go crazy. A pint of ice cream, spaghetti, or whatever else I feel like eating.

However, I make sure that I stay on my diet the rest of the week. It has obviously worked for me, and it will work for you.

Have your cheat day. Go nuts. Just make sure you stick to your diet for the rest of the week. I find that cheat days allow you to take a little break from your diet, and it makes the entire process easier to handle.
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I believe strongly in cheat days. I've been maintaining for almost a year now, and I have never had a week without a cheat day. Mine is always on Friday, and I enjoy myself on that day. I know a lot of people say that when you eat healthy, your body starts to crave those foods and then you don't want the bad stuff as much. Well, I've been eating healthy consistently for almost 2 years, and I still crave the bad stuff ALL THE TIME. I just don't indulge in it but once a week. My typical Friday is Starbucks iced coffee and a breakfast sandwich in the morning, a slice of pizza and side salad for lunch (my division at work goes for pizza every Friday), and then out to dinner with my fiance for date night. Some dinners out are worse than others, but I do okay. It works - I've lost and maintained by doing this.
  • lmd_1979
    lmd_1979 Posts: 130
    Options
    But how much should you indulge on your cheat day? is it ok to say have a fried breakfast, nuts and crisps for snacks, a KFC, then a takeaway for dinner then some beer?
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person. If you can have a cheat meal without it derailing you, then go ahead. I do it and have no problem staying on track the rest of the time and still losing weight.