Healthy Alternatives to Birthday Cake

Options
bkjk997
bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
Looking for alternatives to cake for my upcoming birthday. Since I don't love cake anyway, might as well go with something healthier. Any ideas? I'd like something slightly sweet - it will be my birthday after all - but I want to stick to my daily calories as closely as possible (might have to workout a bit more that day to compensate).

Thanks,
Kim

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I saw this very adorable birthday cake on this website made with mostly fresh fruit, like berries and watermelon. Thought you may like to look at it too. Here's the link that shows a photo of it. http://www.dietdoctor.com/kids-birthday-party-added-sugar

Enjoy your birthday!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite dessert in the whole world? Then research a healthy version of it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You could make some kind of fruit tart?
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Cookies, chocolate mousse, tiramisu, creme brulee, or self saucing pudding
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I made the heart smart bisquick pancakes. Topped them with a small amount of powdered sugar glaze (powdered sugar and 1% milk), a spray of fat free redi whip, and a few sprinkles. Ok still not healthy, but hello birthday pancakes! !!
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I do home made organic cupcakes with just a glaze. I use maple syrup to sweeten ( and reduce the amount...so it isn't so sweet), and organic coconut oil instead of butter. Yum....just a bit of sweet!!!
  • trinity5703
    Options
    Im not a great cake eater either.. so when my birthday rolls around.. its Birthday Pie :) Specifically Pumpkin, which is my favorite. Its only abt 200 calories.
  • littlelou374
    Options
    What about angel food cake topped with strawberries and light whipped cream...or even with some frozen yogurt?
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone, these are great ideas. I had thought of pie and then realized I don't even care about the crust - that's just a pie filling delivery device! I could have pie and pitch the crust.

Also, I love the tart idea, and it's not as many calories as I would have thought. Seriously considering this one.

Now I'm excited about my choices. So many options to consider!

Thanks again!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    What about angel food cake topped with strawberries and light whipped cream...or even with some frozen yogurt?
    I second this. I have it all the time. Comparitively calorie for all the deliciousness you're getting! :drinker: