On Here Too Many Times Per Day

Options
What do all of you do to avoid being on here to log every time you eat anything? Do you write down what you eat, and log later? I know some people log ahead, but I don't think it would work very well for me. Do you just try to eat less often? I don't want this site to be my whole life!

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    The app is really good for that.

But other than that, I'm no help. I'm on here all the damn time :laugh:
  • jacksprat
    jacksprat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You could make notes on your cell phone so you don't forget anything. I log in twice a day,
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Meh... I pretty much packed my stuff and live here. Please take your feet off my couch and use a coaster. No friggin manners!!!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have a smartphone.
  • ladytiburona
    ladytiburona Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I pre log what I can and make adjustments when logging for the next day.

We have a calendar on the refrigerator where we plan the dinner meals for two weeks after I go shopping. I found the best way for me is to cut my calories into daytime and nighttime calories. Daytime is breakfast, lunch and a snack. I can log all of that later if something changes from what I had planned or if we decide to go out. I make notes to help remember anything I need to change or send an email to myself.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I usually just spend all day on here goofing around anyway.
  • bheigl
    bheigl Posts: 7
    Options
    Im on here all the time too!!
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my meals simple so I can remember, when I don't have time to log,
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I practically LIVE on MFP now. I log everything and motivate others. It motivates me to do better as well.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I only log in once a day.

I just stay for 24 hours.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    The more I'm on here, the more honest my log is and the more motivated I am. I'm actually glad when I get obsessed with this site because I know I'll see results!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I just do it... If you want it bad enough you will find a way to make it happen.
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    if you don't want to be on here all the time, then writing what you eat down on paper and logging later seems like a fine idea. I myself get on every time I eat to log it doesn't take long and I don't feel like it consumes my life.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I just do it... If you want it bad enough you will find a way to make it happen.

This is good.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I usually just spend all day on here goofing around anyway.

+1
  • carpentercathy
    Options
    I log on a couple of hours after breakfast and put both brkfst and lunch in. Then I log in at night for the rest of the day.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Meh... I pretty much packed my stuff and live here. Please take your feet off my couch and use a coaster. No friggin manners!!!

Hey! Get off my lawn! :mad:
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'm on the computer and online for work and personal pass-times so it's no big deal to open another window for MFP and log.

When I travel I just track in a note pad and log in nightly.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    It takes about three minutes per meal to log.
    I eat two meals a day. So six minutes a day. Totally acceptable to me. Sometimes I pre log, sometimes I log after, sometimes I skip it altogether. Make it work for you.

Now, going to my Groups, Home page, creeping everyone else's Home pages, perusing the forums for nuttiness, etc....THAT takes a lot of time. :laugh:
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with here too. But I find that keeping my mind on here keeps my hand out of the cookie jar and increases the odds that I actually exercise. So I deal with my addiction with a smile.

You could always snap a picture (assuming you have a camera or your phone takes pics) of everything that goes in your mouth so you can log everything later.