magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Use the app and pre log.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much my day

awesome%2520day.PNG

I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

tumblr_l46mkmqfo61qc3otyo1_500.jpeg
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I only log in once a day.

I just stay for 24 hours.
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • madaboutmitch
    Options
    I am on here a lot! Usually after each meal, or after I snack. It helps me to feel connected to the site, and to what I am doing. It also helps me keep an eye on where I am at, and where I am going in my day. If you can remember what you ate in the day then you can go on the site less. You just need to figure out what works for you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What do all of you do to avoid being on here to log every time you eat anything? Do you write down what you eat, and log later? I know some people log ahead, but I don't think it would work very well for me. Do you just try to eat less often? I don't want this site to be my whole life!

NO! Not an option for me b/c headaches. What I do to keep track is use my cell phones notepad feature and keep track of things there then input it on the PC later at night all at once. While traveling on a road trip I made each note a distinct date and then just logged on late on the nights we arrived late somewhere and logged all the previous day's foods as well as prelogging very basic foods that can be found anywhere for the following day as well all at once. It was like two days worth of work done in one shot. Worked great for me. Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I log in advance, before I go to bed the night before. But I'm also here all damn day just like everyone else in this thread. :laugh:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much my day

awesome%2520day.PNG

I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

tumblr_l46mkmqfo61qc3otyo1_500.jpeg

I'll be taking both of those.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    when-someone-asks-you-what-you-do-all-day-at-work1_zps9562d794.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    With almost 20,000 posts, I can't tell you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid it. I am on here all the time!!!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I usually just spend all day on here goofing around anyway.

Guilty of this as well!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to track your food. Do you have the phone app? Problem solved. If not, you should look into doing it. I managed to do it working 7 shifts a f/n, going to a p/t twice a week, studying, running around after a toddler & running a house!?!? :grumble: I'm sure lots of other people are in the same boat if not do twice as much as others.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    What do all of you do to avoid being on here to log every time you eat anything? Do you write down what you eat, and log later? I know some people log ahead, but I don't think it would work very well for me. Do you just try to eat less often? I don't want this site to be my whole life!

I think the secret of success IS to either pre plan or log it when you eat it. I also don't think you can be on here too much. It's the reason I am where I am now and will remain successful.
  • wonders13
    Options
    I don't log my calories here. I just keep up with them myself.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I log every time I eat. That way I can control my calories better instead of suddenly realizing at the end of the day that I was way over and I could have avoided that.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a MFP addiction post :huh:

Um, this the place to be.
  • 360hope360
    Options
    Im here way to much, but love this place and all my friendly friends and love making new friends. I plan in advance and make adjustments as if you do not have a cell phone to log your food - Id get a little mini notebook and clip pin. Also good to get a scale , have measuring cups and spoons and keep all package's , cans and boxes with the labels till you get to your computer to make sure your food are in the food bank on here. I had to learn the hard way as its hard to track market food that has no labels on it so I have to use a scale and cups and so forth. Its also good to double check to make sure the food your imputing in is right in all its nutrient labels on here and if not thats why is good to keep all the cans and boxes and so forth so you can make sure. Any ways anyone on here can add me as a friend I do not mind thanks:happy:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hour shifts so when I am working I pre-log and when I am on days off I try to log as I go. No rhyme or reason it's just how I do it.
  • Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest - I have the app on my phone and log when I eat at work. At home I am on my laptop a lot (like right now) and tend to read the posts and comment and catch up in the evening on the laptop. If I plan to go out to dinner and know what I am going to eat I prelog. I don't mind logging during the day. Especially the exercise. I usually want to put that in the second I have done it. So... guess I'm not that much help :) I like logging I think it's kind of fun.
  • Flipjax
    Flipjax Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am on this site or the app like 700x a day. =]

There is no hope. Accept your fate. =P