atkins diet when i only have about 10 lbs to lose

Options
hey guys!
so... i'm starting the atkins diet but i'm not obese, overweight, or fat. i just have a lot of restrictions per my doctor's request and i've gained about 10 pounds in the last few months being unable to exercise! (no biking, swimming, heavy weight-lifting, walking, running, jogging, or sports of ANY KIND - yes, i asked about everything *crying face*)

i've got a really tiny tiny asian frame and at 5'2" i'm normal looking and healthy @105-107 pounds. like i said, i've gained 10 lbs and since i can't exercise much i'm looking for a different way to keep off the pounds.

i try to get myself to the gym and do some basic physical therapy exercises. REALLY BASIC STUFF - to give you a good picture of my situation ... squats are in the far future for me.

is it possible that i can get back to my previous weight over the next 3-6 months? please let me know. thanks so much!!!! :-)

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Unless you are planning to eat that way forever, I wouldn't do it. We not just eat at a slight deficit?
  • @sherryteach

oh no! really?? i was thinking i could do atkins for about 6 months then try eating at a deficit. is that a decent thing to try?

also... i'm eating @1200 cals now so i don't think dropping below that would be the best thing for me :-/
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    What did your doctor say when you asked him/her?
  • @fruttibiscotti

well, i have UC (similar to crohn's) and i asked about trying different diets to help alleviate pain and he said go ahead and try anything and stick to it if it helps. never asked about keto / atkins diet in particular.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    How are "Asian" frames smaller than the rest of the world?
  • i'm just one of those people who doesn't look "wasted away" at 105 pounds. stating that i'm of asian descent helps give people a better picture, i'd hope.