Not so sure

Options
Ok so guys! I been on a pretty good healthy diet for a month or so but I'm just now starting to track what I eat on MFP . I wouldn't call it a diet I guess but more of just a lifestyle change in the way I eat and carry myself! But I need help ! I do acknowledge the fact that I'm over weight I'm 5'4 213 lbs my goal is 150! And I know I should be losing more weight then what I am! I do exercise 5 days out the week at a local gym and just go on a nice good walk with my kids on the weekends ! I switch my workout every other day one day cardio next day weights ! So can someone please look at my profile and tell me if I'm doing something wrong ! It's not a lot to look at considering it's only 4 15pm but the earlier I catch my mistakes the better

Replies

• amberlynn1218
    Options
    Maybe what you do at the gym has made you sort of plateau. I have been doing T25 since September and I'm down 16 lbs. I also drink a protein shake for breakfast and eat clean and natural foods for the rest if the day.
  • amberlynn1218
    Options
    I'm co-hosting a free intro to eating clean group on Facebook starting tomorrow. The girls in it has some great info on changing the way you eat! If you want an invite let me know! :)
  • Chrissee
    Chrissee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with my weight for a couple of years now. I kept blaming my age, now over 40, on the reason I couldn't lose. I finally decided I needed to make a change. Just like in the past when I lost weight on Weight Watchers, for me it is all about recording what I eat and drink, all of it! It's easy to think I am eating well but now that I actually am recording it and paying more attention, I can see I was not eating lower calories at all. Between that and exercise, which it appears you are doing, you will get there. Try to track daily and keep your diary open so others can see and comment on it. It's hard and can be embarrassing but in the end, it helps!
  • Lilly1130
    Options
    I looked at your diary and a couple things that jumped out at me... I am just starting though... you use whole milk, you could cut some calories by switching to fat-free or using soy. I also though soy milk would be gross but I actually love it I buy a 3 pack at sam's club and it lasts a while. You are also eating a fruit with every meal, maybe try a veggie instead. And you had a 330 calorie "snack" a sandwich. Is that dinner? If not definitely reconsider what you consider a snack. Just some ideas from a beginner :happy:
  • MzBarksdale
    Options
    Thanks u guys for all the replies and as for the sandwich goes no I do not consider it a snack I just put it in that category . I ate breakfast at 8 and lunch at 1145 and by 4pm I was HUNGRY and a "snack" was gonna do it for me! I was not gonna deny my body food but I knew I didn't need a full meal either so I just made me a little sandwich and was satisfied till dinner time :) but again thanks!!!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Track for a couple weeks and see how it goes. Be accurate and accountable. If you eat it, log it. You should see a loss in a couple weeks.