Weight maintainence? How???!!

Options
chilli
chilli Posts: 211 Member
Once I reach my desired weight how am I going to keep it there? Hope this doesn't sound stupid but I hope I will be able to occasionally eat stuff I like and not count calories as strictly as now ...
Is anyone maintaining their desired weight yet? I know I have to keep eating healthily and exercising but I don't think I can stand recording everything for ever !!!!! :frown:

Replies

• chilli
    Options
    Once I reach my desired weight how am I going to keep it there? Hope this doesn't sound stupid but I hope I will be able to occasionally eat stuff I like and not count calories as strictly as now ...
    Is anyone maintaining their desired weight yet? I know I have to keep eating healthily and exercising but I don't think I can stand recording everything for ever !!!!! :frown:
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When you sign up, you fill in how much weight you want to lose per week, what your job is ect... where you fill in the lbs you want to lose, instead of saying 2 lbs per week or 1 lbs per week, chose the option that says "maintain my current weight" it wont be as strict and if you follow it you shouldnt have problems!! Hope this helped:wink:
  • charles9029
    Options
    it did
  • vickyt
    Options
    it did
    huh... it did wat?! are you saying that was a stupid question... cuz as far as i'm concerned there are no stupidd questions...
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    and another thing I noticed when you do get to the maintain part ( I am soo not there yet but checked it out through the goals part just for laughs) and you will have much more calories than you have now with the deficit... so it wil lbe much easier!!! I am looking forward to when that day comes!
  • vickyt
    Options
    and another thing I noticed when you do get to the maintain part ( I am soo not there yet but checked it out through the goals part just for laughs) and you will have much more calories than you have now with the deficit... so it wil lbe much easier!!! I am looking forward to when that day comes!
    MEEE TOO:laugh:
    :cry: one day lol
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am just strange, but it is going to be weird to have to eat so many more calories once I do hit maintenance.....I mean GOOD weird....but you know what I mean. I have been doing this for so long, it is going to feel like I am cheating or something to eat so much more!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I am (kind of) at maintenance, have been there for about 4 or 5 months now. I'm working on body Fat % but as far as weight goes, I don't care if I lose any more. Eventually (for me at least) you just know how much food to eat, I pretty much know how many calories I eat in a day. Sometimes I go over by a hundred or so, sometimes I go under, but that's not going to bother you really at maintenance, as long as you aren't doing it consistantly.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    it did
    huh... it did wat?! are you saying that was a stupid question... cuz as far as i'm concerned there are no stupidd questions...

Think he was saying that it helped Vic. :wink:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am closing in on "goal" soon as well.. hopefully by mid October... and I've thought about the maintenance plan a lot. I am still wishy washy about where I want to be. Originally I was aiming for 175... and i'm 10 from that (I'm 185 as of last Friday)... so I lowered it to 164... (to make it an even 100 lb loss lol). So we shall see.

I think I'm scared. Like you, I've been at this for so long... it's become habit. Which is good, but I think I will feel "bad" when I'm eating more lol.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I am (kind of) at maintenance, have been there for about 4 or 5 months now. I'm working on body Fat % but as far as weight goes, I don't care if I lose any more. Eventually (for me at least) you just know how much food to eat, I pretty much know how many calories I eat in a day. Sometimes I go over by a hundred or so, sometimes I go under, but that's not going to bother you really at maintenance, as long as you aren't doing it consistantly.

Thats actually good to know.. because not everyone one of my days look the same... some days I go a few hundred under calories..and some days a good 200 over... I can never get it right at 1200!!
  • vickyt
    Options
    it did

Think he was saying that it helped Vic. :wink:
    OHHHHHHH well then lol I'm sorry i get defensive hahaha well I'm glad:laugh:
    hehe i'll mind my own business:ohwell:
    take care guys
  • chilli
    Options
    thanks, that helped :bigsmile: All i have to do now is actually GET to my goal weight ....:happy: