Sweet treat ideas for after dinner

Options
Does anyone have suggestions for a calorie friendly treat for after dinner? I really crave a bit of sweetness after a healthy dinner & I've run out of ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• rstandrew
    rstandrew Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like sherbert its nice and sweet but not as calorie dense as ice cream
  • jweindruch
    jweindruch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A spoonful of organic peanut butter.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I like mixing plain yogurt with something yummy. Lately: chocolate syrup (with sugar, or sugar free).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My most common would be a tiny amount of sugary/sweet stuff. For example, 5-6 chocolate chips, 3-4 almonds, and 1/2 TBSP. of marshmallow creme. Very satisfying and not a lot of calories.

Fruit works, too...or unsweetened, flavored applesauce...very small amount of plain Greek yogurt with some berries mixed in...although of course it's not always gonna curb those chocolate cravings ;-)

I try not to buy all that many "packaged" treats but when I do it's usually stuff like Clif Z bars, Special K 100-cal pack brownie bites, etc. I'm not an Atkins diet person whatsoever but they have a hazelnut snack bar that is good. Even better if I split those with my husband because they're not super low cal.

Other times I'll have a Cadbury egg (150 cal) or something along those lines.
  • princessmedic
    Options
    Arctic Delight (from Hungry Girl Recipes)

Kraft - Cool Whip--Fat Free Whipped Topping, 1 container (50 tbsp ea.)
    Swiss Miss- Sensible Sweets - Hot Chocolate- Diet, 1 Packet (8g)
    Spangler - Candy Cane, 1 cane

mix in the hot chocolate mixes & crushed candy cane...freeze the cool whip. Eat! Makes two servings

Per Serving:
    calories: 220 carbs: 47 fat: 0 protein: 1 sugar: 19 sodium: 143
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I often have a small piece or two of dark chocolate. Really hits the spot!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Fruit
    Vanilla Greek yogurt
    Herbal tea sweetened with whatever
    Decaf coffee sweetened with whatever
    Chocolate covered almonds (or other flavors)
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Lindt dark chocolate
    Greek yogurt with fresh berries, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
    Whipped cream with fresh berries
    Sugar free jello, with a few berries and topped with whipped cream
  • docsharon
    docsharon Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Baked apples
  • olyabe
    olyabe Posts: 36
    Options
    Ghirardelli squares. About 50-60 calories per sq, individually packed to prevent overeating.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with a little bit of really good chocolate. Sometimes I'll just do a cup of hot chocolate or hot tea with a little honey also.
  • cactuswax
    cactuswax Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you like pumpkin, a bit of pumpkin puree mixed with greek yogurt (fage 0%). Topped with pb2 and mixed with a little cinnamon if you're so inclined.. :)

Frozen fruit - cranberries, raspberries or blueberries are all yummy and satisfy a sweet tooth :)