confused please help

Options
ok i am new to logging for calories.. i follow eat to live and eat nutrient dense foods.. my logs are open.. i log every bite i eat.

1866 is my cal goal

i had 1122 today

i was completely satisfied not hungry at all..

now t tells me after exercise i have 744 calories left

i dont feel i need to eat anymore.

calorie counting is something i have never done just focused on whole foods. nothing processed.i make all my own foods so i hope im doing this right.

Replies

• GreekAmericanChrissy
    Options
    sometimes i earn calories from exercising too but if you don't feel like eating more calories than you have, don't
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i seem to be below my cal goal most days .. is that ok? i do eat very nutrient densely.
  • jweindruch
    jweindruch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. I looked at your diary (just today) and you're eating extremely healthy and nutritious. I noticed that when I I'm eating more like you I feel less full. I think part of it is that fruits and vegetables "fill up" the stomach turning off the hunger and also eating that way provides the body with all the nutrients it needs so it's not asking for more. Just my personal experience...
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    First off, when you prepare your food, do you weight it, or just eyeball & use measuring cups? If you are not weighing it, it's possible you're eating more than you realize.

Second, where do you get the numbers from your calorie burns? If you aren't using a HRM, and just going off of what MFP or machines tell you, these numbers tend to be very inflated.

If you aren't getting your calorie burns from a heart rate monitor, and you aren't weighing food, I'm reluctant to tell you to eat more, because you could be waaaay off.

If you are doing those two things, and you aren't consistently under, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're always several hundred calories under, I would suggest upping it a little by adding more calorie dense foods to your diet.

EDIT: By looking at your diary, you're not even close to meeting your macros (fat & protein). You might want to consider that in the future. You have those macro nutrient goals for a reason.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Agree with above poster

If you're not weighing your portions or using a HRM, your numbers would be way off. They likely are.

And although you are eating nutrient dense foods, you are seriously low on protein. Averaging about 40g a day.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    ok i am new to logging for calories.. i follow eat to live and eat nutrient dense foods.. my logs are open.. i log every bite i eat.

1866 is my cal goal

i had 1122 today

i was completely satisfied not hungry at all..

now t tells me after exercise i have 744 calories left

i dont feel i need to eat anymore.

calorie counting is something i have never done just focused on whole foods. nothing processed.i make all my own foods so i hope im doing this right.

You don't always have to eat all of your calories, but you should avoid going under 1200. You're at 1122, so you're probably fine in reality but you might want to have a little snack or something. Make sure you are being accurate with your counting, though.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    i eat that way everyday.. except for the occasional eating out.. like the other day i had chinese, but still had no fried foods there.. i love how my body feels. i never eat until im stuffed full i listen to my body trigger that tells me its comfortable. not stuffed. thanks
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    i had five prtezels with some hummus
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    trying to see if the pretzels settle on my stomach- how do you add foods after you click finish entry or can you?
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    thanks guys.. i will keep a closer look on things. i do not weigh my foods.. only nuts usually.. i usually have avocados and 1 oz of nuts. i eat up to a cup of beans a day. sometimes i use flax and chia n my smoothies.i also have a cup of grains..

my soup i had today was coconut milk base, i also had hummus for protein.i eat alot ofi greens.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    just been going by mfp tracking.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    i dont eat from animal sources. what do you recommend... i just have always ate until im comfortable.i have been releasing weight. have energy..
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    trying to see if the pretzels settle on my stomach- how do you add foods after you click finish entry or can you?

Yes it's not locked down after you hit enter. You can always go back.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    thanks i tried it and added the pretzels and my hummus