Too fat to date to hot single mom..

Options
cursiny
cursiny Posts: 907 Member
Two years ago I got the, " You are just too big" speech from a guy that I wanted to date. Have recently heard comments about being a hot single mom. I still have a long way to go but being more than half way to goal my confidence is increasing day by day.

How has your weight loss, healthy living, eating better affected your confidence?

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 pounds (which I lost before I even joined this site btw)

and my confidence has maybe improved 20% not very much has changed honestly
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    If they didn't want me when I was fat, I don't want them when I'm thinner.

I was always pretty confident. Everyone has their preference, if someone doesn't like big women that's ok. Their choice. I actually prefer a medium build man and never dated anyone shorter. No reflection on them, just what I like.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    My confidence is through the roof now :bigsmile:

And as far as guys that wouldn't date me then but would now, to be honest, I kind of get it. It really depends on the guy. If he was a douche back then, then for sure no BUT if he was nice and we remained friends or acquaintances then yeah, I think I would give it a shot
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 pounds (which I lost before I even joined this site btw)

and my confidence has maybe improved 20% not very much has changed honestly

I'm kind of the same way actually. I have lost a total of 105 from my highest weight (60 of those lb on MFP) but even at my heaviest I felt pretty attractive and confident. The percentage by which I feel more confident is not all that great. I've never felt gross/ugly nor do I believe even if I hit my lowest imaginable goal weight I'd feel that much more attractive. Which is fine.

I do feel better about the way I fit into the world, and into clothes. I feel like I have a bigger range of fashions/styles that I can wear with confidence. Aside from that, meh.

I was single in early 2012 after my divorce and dating was super easy. I was 271 lb and had absolutely no difficulty finding a lot of guys with whom I had things in common, were attracted to me, etc. So sometimes when I hear others say "NOOOO guys will date a girl over a certain size" I just laugh.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    There was a guy I was paired up to walk in a wedding with. I was the maid of honor and he best man. This guy was just a guy to me. I had no interest. Well halfway through the wedding he pulled me aside and said to me. "Look you are a nice girl, but you're too big for me". I looked at him and asked. "Are you effing smoking crack?" Basically, I have always been confident. However to be honest now days, I feel that I can publicly tell Aholes to go Phuck themselves.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    My confidence has defiantly improved! I'm happier and more out going then I was. I dress differently because I'm more confident, plus I can pull off styles I couldn't before. :drinker: I still have a little ways to go but I'm getting there and it is doing wonders for my self esteem.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    My confidence has nothing to do with my weight. I had to 'fake it 'til I made it' for my job, so it naturally spilled over into my personal life.

My boss is the service excellence manager at my hospital, which means she pretty much handles complaints coming from everywhere, from employees, from doctors, from patients & their families... it's a tough job. She's passed her knowledge of how to talk with people effectively, and it's helped me tremendously. I hold my head up in the halls, I greet everyone I see, I've even started talking with random people, at work and out in stores and whatnot. It took a lot of work and well, courage, on my part, but I'm so glad I had someone to back me up and help me along.

When I turned 35, I decided I didn't want to be the shy wall-flower any longer. I had moved to a day-shift position from midnights, and it was the turn around I needed. I HAD to be more talkative and confident, so those I dealt with in other departments would take me seriously as a Lead (I have always been the youngest in my dept). I'd say it's taken just over a year to build up my confidence level to a point I can even carry on a normal conversation with the hot EMS guys, without blushing! :laugh:
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Nope, my weight has never made a difference to me in regards to dating. There is always going to be someone who is/isn't attracted to me for whatever reason, and the same applies in reverse. I tend not to worry too much about it.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    OP, that guy lost out. Just sayin'. You're probably a really awesome person, and he's probably sitting at home right now pullin' his pud and watching *kitten*.
  • cursiny
    Options
    OP, that guy lost out. Just sayin'. You're probably a really awesome person, and he's probably sitting at home right now pullin' his pud and watching *kitten*.

Thanks. :)
  • jennyjcss
    jennyjcss Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Two years ago I got the, " You are just too big" speech from a guy that I wanted to date. Have recently heard comments about being a hot single mom. I still have a long way to go but being more than half way to goal my confidence is increasing day by day.

How has your weight loss, healthy living, eating better affected your confidence?

Umm.. Where have i heard that before?

Orh Yeah..my own cardiologist doctor said that to my face in year 2008 when I was 242lbs, went for health screening package.

Now..I am one 'hot mama'. My age doesnt show well of how I look now..
    From a sentence of my doctor ' You didnt broke the treadmill machine..did you?' ,enough to change me ..now you see how I am :laugh: :laugh:

You all are welcome to view my profile photos..if curious to see how obese I was last time.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Never been fat but since I've been lifting I now have the confidence to pick fights with random strangers.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    In clothes, my confidence is a million percent better....without clothes, ehhh...that one is still tough. :ohwell:
  • HapaHaole92
    HapaHaole92 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If they are only going after you because they want a prize aka "a hot single mom" then they are just looking for arm candy. Don't go for guys who say things like that, you're better than that.
  • DiamondDust75
    Options
    My confidence hasn't really changed much. I have never had much confidence regarding my looks, no matter my weight. Actually being on MFP and interacting with my awesome friends has done more for my confidence than the weight loss.
  • breakingthecycle722
    Options
    Never been fat but since I've been lifting I now have the confidence to pick fights with random strangers.
    lol I love it :laugh:
  • cursiny
    Options
    If they are only going after you because they want a prize aka "a hot single mom" then they are just looking for arm candy. Don't go for guys who say things like that, you're better than that.

No-one is going after me!! It's just a comment I've heard recently. And such a change from the too fat comment.
  • rustyguy
    rustyguy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    "This week, each one of you has a homework assignment. You're gonna go out, you're gonna start a fight with a total stranger...(pause, drooling blood)...You're gonna start a fight and you're gonna lose."
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Nope, my weight has never made a difference to me in regards to dating. There is always going to be someone who is/isn't attracted to me for whatever reason, and the same applies in reverse. I tend not to worry too much about it.

BINGO it hasn't change one bit people don't like me period. i don't play sports, i don't drink, but i'm honest and loyal. just looking for my equal half sad
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    In clothes, my confidence is a million percent better....without clothes, ehhh...that one is still tough. :ohwell:

I feel you on the with out clothes thing

I am so wary of dating now ... the loose skin ...pretty sure no one would want to get naked with me now

*sigh* weight loss is so weird