Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

On Here Too Many Times Per Day

13»

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    I don't understand the question. What do you mean "not be on here all the time?"
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    i'm here A LOT :laugh:

i just log as i go
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Give pre-logging a chance! Think about what you're doing for the next day and do a rough estimate of what you might eat when, then come back and adjust it later. That's what I do when I'm unsure of where I'm going to be.
  • I tend to log my food as soon as/just before I eat it. Mostly this is because I have terrible memory and if I waited an hour or two, I may not remember exactly what I had (especially when I get distracted by work). I also find it to be a bit of a 'time out' for me, a reminder to put away my work while I am eating.
  • This site has taken over my life and I love it. it's what keeps me going. During the week, I usually eat the same exact thing so it's easy for me to log at the end of the day and stay under. The App is also a great tool.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    I eat just about the same things, every.single.day, so logging is quick for me. I spend more time saying "yay" to my pals!

I also come here hoping for a 'yay' or two of support.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Thank you all for your input. It's not that I mind being on here. It's a great place to be. At work it is easy to just keep the window open and log as I go, but when I'm not at work it is harder. I've never been the type to really plan means ahead, so that is harder for me. Weekends are the hardest, since I end up getting on and off my computer all day long, it seems. I also end up eating foods that are harder to log on the weekend due to cooking my own food more.

What I'm doing has been working for me for 4 1/2 months now. I was just wishing to be more organized, I guess. Just wondering what other people do.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    haha im no help since im on here all day :D
  • I am on this sight a lot and love it. I track food and exercise plus read these motivational and funny posts to stay on track. Makes me realize we r all in this together!!!
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    I bought a daytimer just for writing down what I eat, and I record it once a day. I keep the daytimer right on the kitchen counter.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    This lol.....seriously tho, I think I have a bit of an addiction!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    I usually just spend all day on here goofing around anyway.

This.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    But on a more helpful note, when I didn't have access throughout the day I pre-logged in the morning with my expected meals, then logged again in the evening to add my workout and edit my food according to reality.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    I'm on all the time so I'm probably no help haha. It used to be that being here too often made me overeat (because all I was doing was thinking about and talking about food!), but now I really love coming to the forums when I have time to spare or when I have a craving and need distraction and re-motivation, I just really distance myself from that total obsession with the calories I have left or whatever I was doing. I think finding a balance is good. If you spend too much time on MFP and find that you binge a lot or you just want to spend less time on the site in general, writing down what you eat is a good idea and then upload it onto the site at the end of the day--just make sure you're watching your intake. I don't have the app, but I try to log everything as soon as I can. It doesn't help me if I don't use it, so I don't think that being on here too often is a problem. I'm willing to sacrifice some time to get my health and happiness in check.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    I lost a chunk of the weight before I found MFP - I tracked food manually before with paper and pen - then I found MFP and it took over my life

it sounds like you just need to note what you are eating accurately at home and on the weekends - weigh and measure everything accurately and then jot it down - you can enter it here on MFP whenever you have the time later

I use the app on my smartphone now - it also helps me make decisions on the rare occasions I go out to a restaurant, etc
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    I have an iphone I open the app scan the barcode(s) then I'm done. Take about 1 minutes or less
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    So basically, everyone has swapped food as their addiction for MFP...lol
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Lol - I'm obsessed with both!!!!
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    So basically, everyone has swapped food as their addiction for MFP...lol

Accurate.