Struggling to Eat Enough?

Options
So my issue is I have lost a fair amount of weight of 20kgs (up &down) for past 9 months my weight hovers around up or down 2 kgs.
In my food diary over 90 days I have only ever eaten over 2000 calories 5 times. I train around 3 times a week (last few weeks almost everyday)

I think I know I am not eating enough to lose weight (as crazy as that sounds!)

So mine is the simplest of question how do i boost my calories, if I am correct and that is the issue. (My diary is open by the way and ignore the alcohol lol)

Do I just take to snacking mixed fruit & nuts everyday, or maybe lots of protein bars etc.

Any advice if anyone has had the same problem...I just can't get the body fat to drop and it is very frustrating!

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hi from another Qld'er! No one can see your diary ;)
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yeah, your diary is set to private so it's hard to really see where you might make easy changes.

Small, reasonable servings of nuts, seeds, cheeses, avocado and healthy oils can be easy things to pick at/add in without feeling like you're necessarily eating more. Sometimes people become stuck in 'diet' mentality; you can afford to eat the real products and not fat free/lite options.
  • David___D
    David___D Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Diary now open, but please be gentle with me....lol
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Use full fat rather than skim milk. Eat a substantial breakfast,like porridge with full fat milk, some butter, and fruit. Nuts, avocado, peanut butter are all calorie dense foods.

Just my few suggestions to do with as you please. :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'd add more fat - you don't eat a lot most days and you can bump your cals up easily. And fruit and vegetables!! I don't think I saw any in the days I looked at (besides chips...they don't count). Eat more food...there was quite a lot of alcohol calories!
  • David___D
    David___D Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies so far, yes Alchohol is an issue during weekends as I dont normally partake in the week.
    Fruit I eat during the week when at work but obviously not enough. I will try to add as I thought mixed fruit & nuts, (good fats)

Very frustrating as it all seems quite easy when I had lots to lose, now the final 5-6 kgs just wont budge.

Will keep at it though, determined to see body fat under 20%, which at my age I will be happy with.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i have this problem, everyday. i eat until im full etc and im always under a good 500 calories. what do i do? eat 90g (6 tbsp) of homemade nut butter. yup. there's a lot of calorie dense foods you can experiment with, i just choose nuts because im always low in fat + im a nut butter addict. once i started making my own i cant stop! as mentioned before, dont be scared of fat, add butter, oils, full fat yogurts, milk, etc.