Easy and healthy lunch

Options
Hi,
I want to find out whether it is healthy / good to eat a jacket potato for lunch? i checked the calories and they are like 220. I usually have a large baked potato with mushroom sauce. i don't place on salt or butter.
I do spinning at night and just want to be sure that i am not going to pick up alot of weight by eating this for lunch. Because i am tired of salad by now!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone say a jacket potato isn't healthy, unless you're going for a low carb diet or something. I've always seen jacket potatos as being a really healthy meal.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'pick up a lot of weight'. You won't put on weight unless you're over your calories, it doesn't matter what you eat if you're within your calorie goal.
  • Elouwdi
    Elouwdi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Then i am happy :) i am so paranoid about everything these days. Alot of people state that the only way to loose weight is to eat salad and veggies. lol. Thank you!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    i am so paranoid about everything these days. Alot of people state that the only way to loose weight is to eat salad and veggies.

Definitely not true, don't worry! There was a guy a while ago who ate nothing but McDonalds, he just made sure he ate the right amount of calories and he lost weight.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have it for lunch because there's very little protein or fat - I'd be starving in about 2 minutes!

I try to have a good amount of protein and healthy fat (at the moment it's usually chicken or salmon and homemade mayo), loads of non starchy vegies (salad usually) and some starchy carbs if I need them. This satisfies me for quite a while as I get plenty of fibre from the vegies along with the P&F
  • 123sanbo
    Options
    baked potatoe with chilli con carne is a hearty and filling lunch if you are heading to the gym later.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    I would try a REALLY small potato. Serve with some grilled chicken (half a breast is plenty) and a bit of sour cream or greek yoghurt on top.