another try, hopefully this time will work

Options
Hi all

I am back here after yo yo'ing for a year. I hate my body. But obviously not enough to stop eating.

I need help!

I just want to lose weight, have been at it for 3 yrs and am back were I started.

Why is it so hard?

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    When you are ready to lose the weight you will. It's hard for all of us. But at some point, you will realize that it is up to you to do the hard work and make the hard changes to get healthy. It took me a while too. I tried all the fast fixes and gimmicks. None of them worked more than a few months. Then - right back where I started.

Here's what Is working for me now:

eat at a healthy calorie deficit every day
    weigh/measure/log your foods - every bite - every day
    learn to eat the foods you like in moderation
    find something you enjoy doing and then do it consistently
    have patience & never quit

It takes commitment to doing what is best for my health every day. Good luck.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    being overweight is hard... losing weight is hard... choose your hard....
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm nearly at my 3-year MFP anniversary too and trying to get back to where I was.

Don't overcomplicate things. Plug in your stats. Set MFP to lose 1lb a week. Eat healthily 80% of the time. Do exercise you love - don't force yourself to do anything you hate just because it burns huge amounts of calories. Stop eating when you get to your MFP target for the day.
  • wendy_j441
    wendy_j441 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off here for 2 years and never really put into it. Then here recently something clicked in my head and now I am back and feel determined. I have been changing my lifestyle and since that click it has been easy not work or any excuses.
  • alortego
    alortego Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am back as well. I have got to get healthier and make this way my of living. I can't just do this because I want to fit into my clothes. I want to do this to feel better about myself. To actually look in the mirror and like what I see. I complain about my hair, my job, my clothes not fitting, when deep down I am just unhappy with myself. I don't like getting short of breath just doing the simplest of things.

I am here to get healthy and all the motivation in the world is needed right now.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It is not easy for any of us. You just have to want it more than you want to over eat. I was a procrastinator for decades. Constantly telling myself, "I'll start over again tomorrow". There is no quick way and it is something I will have to monitor for the rest of my life.

You can do this! Make small goals. Think of where you will be 1 month from now if you stick to it. That will be a huge incentive to continue.
  • GinnieC100
    GinnieC100 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow, this could be me. I have never weighed this much in my life. Starting again today. My determination is so low. I start well in the morning but by evening it is all over. I am hoping this time it will work for me too. Good luck!