20kg(44pounds) in 5 months?

Options
Hi all, just want to get your thoughts/experience around this. Do you think it's possible to lose this amount of weight in 5 months and if so, how would you plan your workouts.

Eating clean btw

Replies

• kieran9810
    kieran9810 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This is just my personal opinion but I think it depends really, I'm hoping for the same as you but to lose 40 pounds in 5 months. I'd say the best way would be to count calories and try and fit a couple of workouts in (even if it's just 30 minutes walking per day). I think they say if you lose 1-2lbs a week that is the healthy amount to lose per week but obviously this will change depending on your starting weight, activity level etc ( I lost 3lbs the first 2 weeks after starting)
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Kieran, my only concern is loose hanging skin :(

Starting 30 ds and Zumba, let's give that 2 weeks and see what happens
  • kathrinnbauer
    kathrinnbauer Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good point: You should observe your skin and see how it reacts. Do you think your skin tends to be loose? I think this really depends on genetics to a great point and it is a problem for many women. I would prefer losing at a slower rate than having loose skin but it is not impossible to lose 20kg in 5 months. Just start and decide every month if you should slow down depending on your skin and how you feel with that calorie restriction
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    I would be concerned about the effect on my skin losing this quickly. I am currently looking to lose about 13kg in 20 weeks (I have just started a post to track, if you are interested in joining)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1172472-13-15kg-28-7-33lbs-to-lose-75kg-1-7lbs-a-week-starts-14-1

My experience is that the more I work out, the less weight but the more size I lose. Are you looking to lose for an event? Would you be better aiming for a size goal rather than a weight goal?
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It might be do-able, though it requires over 2 lb per week weight loss which is going to be really hard work! Count your calories and do lots of exercise. Personally I would aim for something closer to 10-15 kg which is more like 1 - 1.5 lbs per week. This is definitely easier to acheive!
  • westmor
    westmor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I lost 53lbs in less than 6 months, so it is totally 'doable', however it is quite tough to do in that short a time scale. I am lucky, I haven't had a problem with skin tone really, I used a good body lotion all the way through which I think has helped. Maybe a very slight bit on my stomach, but that is toning up pretty fast too, so I wouldn't worry too much. I do think a lot has to do with skin type etc., but I am very fair with very fine skin (probably the worst type!) and it hasn't been too bad at all. Really good luck with your journey, I think you will find you will feel great in 5 months even if you only lose half or two thirds what you are hoping to! I do agree that adding exercise is essential, both to the weight loss, but also the overall tone of your body, I am sure you will be successful if you just stick at it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some support. :)
  • piratebear1
    piratebear1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I joined in July - but started using MFP in October (20th) and have lost 32lb since - in 10 ish weeks

It is do able - but make sure you are sticking to your goals set by MFP - my body seems to be in the zone as when i try to slow the weight loss down i tend to lose more that week . I dont want baggy skin - but what will be will be - would be interested to hear which moisturisers people use to combat this?

47478456.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter