I need help for a dessert Idea?!

Options
I have a friend that is doing a challenge, and we are doing a potluck in a week or so, I'm in charge of desert, I want to make something that she can eat....but I have no ideas. She's already bringing a fruit tray...so there went that idea haha

Here is what she's doing

1. Eat real food – meat, eggs, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruit, healthy oils. Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re fresh and natural.

2. Do not eat dairy. This includes cheese (hard and soft), yogurt (even Greek) and milk.

3. Do not eat grains. This includes bread, rice, pasta, corn (I count corn as a grain), oatmeal, and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains. That’s not real food, right?

4. Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds, lentils, and peanuts. (No peanut butter, kids.)

5. Do not eat sugars of any kind, real or artificial. If you must sweeten, use minimal quantities of honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar. No Splenda, Truvia, Stevia, etc.
 Sugars in whole fruits ok.

6. Do not eat processed foods. This includes processed bars (like Zone bars), shakes (like Slim Fast).

Any ideas?

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Wow...that kind of cuts out a lot doesn't it?
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Mousse Pie

1 cup of fat free milk
    1 package of fat free/sugar free vanilla pudding
    1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 can of pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix)
    1 8-ounce container of Cool Whip Fat Free thawed
    1 reduced fat graham cracker crust.

In a large bowl, beat milk, pudding mix and spice with a wire whisk for 1 1/2 minutes. Whisk in pumpkin. Fold in half of whipped topping. Spread in crust.

Top with remaining Cool Whip.

Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

Store in refrigerator.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Wow...that kind of cuts out a lot doesn't it?

yes...yes it does. I figured there should be something fruit based that I might be able to do that wasn't JUST fruit...like I was thinking of grilled pears or something, but most everything I find is covered in sugar of some sort, or if you bake anything it has milk.
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    Check out a gluten/dairy/wheat free dessert. Whole Foods and Trader Joes sell several items/mixes.

Good luck!
  • walki
    walki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jello with fruit
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Check out the site fatfreevegan.com. She has recipes under the desserts and sweets listing that probably hit all of your criteria.
    There are a lot more recipes listed under her blog.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hey! :flowerforyou:

I have recently fallen in love with Baked sweet potato with cinnamon sug (or ground) with butter... but thats out too i think.... :sad:

You could however get your fave fruits, use a food processor to puree them and then freeze.... will be home made Gelato! =)

Make your fave mix... mine is MANGO..... MMMmmmmmmm MANGO!!! YUM! :love:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Hey! :flowerforyou:

I have recently fallen in love with Baked sweet potato with cinnamon sug (or ground) with butter... but thats out too i think.... :sad:

You could however get your fave fruits, use a food processor to puree them and then freeze.... will be home made Gelato! =)

Make your fave mix... mine is MANGO..... MMMmmmmmmm MANGO!!! YUM! :love:

ooo this is a good idea!
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Awesome, it sounds like she is on a paleo diet!! Here's a site that has lots of recipes only including those foods: http://www.paleofood.com/. there is a "candy" section, then the cookies, and frozen desserts. it is possible!!!

I like the gelato idea too :)

let me know what you end up making and how it turns out!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    OMG I thing this might work...I have to ask if she can eat spices...ginger, cinnamon etc.

http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/07/26/raw-vegan-pumpkin-pie/
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Awesome, it sounds like she is on a paleo diet!! Here's a site that has lots of recipes only including those foods: http://www.paleofood.com/. there is a "candy" section, then the cookies, and frozen desserts. it is possible!!!

Yep thats exactly what its called. Thanks for the website!
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Lot's of good suggestions ...
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Mousse Pie

1 cup of fat free milk
    1 package of fat free/sugar free vanilla pudding
    1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 can of pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix)
    1 8-ounce container of Cool Whip Fat Free thawed
    1 reduced fat graham cracker crust.

In a large bowl, beat milk, pudding mix and spice with a wire whisk for 1 1/2 minutes. Whisk in pumpkin. Fold in half of whipped topping. Spread in crust.

Thanks....I will try this later :smile:
    Bumpity-Bump

Top with remaining Cool Whip.

Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

Store in refrigerator.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Check out "The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook" by Elana Amsterdam. Everything is made with almond meal (just ground up almonds) and is lightly sweetened with honey or agave. I have tried some of her recipes before, and they are delicious!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    If its Paleo she can do any spices...
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

The apples to zucchini blog has some great options, too. I really like the idea of the dates with toasted pecans, and nothing could be easier!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    thanks for all the great ideas
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    You could make a baked meringue with honey as the sweetener and then put fruit puree or whole fruit on the top.
  • iwantmyskinnyjeans
    Options
    I like to freeze bananas and then put them in the food processor. Turns into a yummy banana ice cream. No milk/cream needed. So good!
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    I make these banana deserts for the kids.

-Slice the bananans length wise and arrange on the plate

-Sprinkle with unsweetened or sweetened coconut [your choice]

- lightly spoon a tiny drizzle of natural honey over them

you can cover with almond slivers if you can have the nuts or use fresh cherries if you can't.

They love them!!! Like a all natural banana split without the dairy.