FITBIT????

Options
I have been thinking about the FITBIT. Is it worth the investment? Do you have one, what are your thoughts?? What does it actually do?? Does it really work??? I'd love to hear your feed back!
Thanks!

Replies

• dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    If you type in Fitbit on "search" you will find a lot of comments about the Fitbit.

I have had the Fitbit Flex and now have the Force which I love. It does keep me motivated and the social aspect of it is cool. You can keep up with your friends, join challenges and competitions (most steps, stairs etc) and it syncs with MFP. It uses bluetooth technology so at some point this February, the Force will have caller i.d. capabilities.
  • SirDoctorofTARDIS
    SirDoctorofTARDIS Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit ultra (no longer available replaced by the 1). It's fantastic and really helps keep my motivated. The only downside to the ultra (which they fixed with the 1) is that there is no bluetooth connectivity and it is not water resistant.. It's a minor inconvenience having to plug and unplug a usb docking station. The lack of waterproofing is a bigger concern for me since I generally keep it in my pocket when I run.

Over all I love fitbit. I suggest the 1 only because I don't like things on my wrist.
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    I have a Flex and I LOVE it! It helps me to get a better gauge of how much I'm burning each day and how much I should eat. Sometimes the calorie burns are a little lower then they should be.. but I love it.
  • mstalebrink
    mstalebrink Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just starting using a Fitbit One after using the BodyMedia Link for 3 years. The research I did showed that the Fitbit was normally as accurate as the Bodymedia but I won't have to pay the monthly fee that BodyMedia changes and I won't need to wear it on my arm forever! Two big pluses for me. I want the data that the device provides. It keeps me honest and motivates me to push harder.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One (I clip it to my bra) and I love it. It turns exercising into a game where I am trying to boost my activity to get to my goal of 10,000 steps per day and 15 floors (hills/stairs). I earn badges (My latest is the 747 badge - I have climbed 4000 floors since I started on May 27, 2013). I love that the exercise syncs wirelessly to MFP so that I know how many extra calories I have to work with.

I find it very motivating!

For instance, yesterday I did a Leslie Sansone video as my main workout for the day (8K steps or so), then went out shopping at Home Depot (hubby wears one too so we did a little extra poking around in there to get some extra steps in.) We came home and had dinner and my steps were 9860 for the day - pretty decent and I might have stopped there. However, we had a key lime pie in the fridge and I definitely wanted a piece. So at 8PM, I put on my jacket and went out walking to boost my steps to over 11K for the day which allowed me to have that pie!

At work, I set a timer and make sure I get up every hour - both for my leg health and to make sure I get some extra steps in there!
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've had FitBit's for the last 2 years (almost) and I wear it everyday. I absolutely LOVE IT!!! You can't go wrong using one and they are well worth the money!
  • Ashleigh_LP
    Ashleigh_LP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I only got mine Christmas day but I think its a really good way to track my daily activity! I like that it adjusts my MFP calories if I haven't been active enough to meet my proposed deficit!
  • piermj
    piermj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Flex! I wear it everyday...it's addicting and it works!!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Do you have any issues with your Force not counting all the steps? My husband got one and it's not picking up all his steps during his workouts on the treadmill. He is tempted to put it in his pocket next time. We tried reading some of the message boards at Fitbit.com but it's mostly people saying they have a problem but no one offering suggestions. I really don't want him to hate it and stop wearing it.

I have the Fitbit ONE and I love it. I have been a Fitbit user since 2010. Before that I use to use a sportbrain.

I think it's a great motivational tool if you aren't that active and/or want to know how active you are during the day etc. It has gotten me off the couch and gotten me to walk the extra steps to meet a goal. If you are a serious exerciser then you might want a heart rate monitor to get a very accurate calorie burn during workouts.

The other thing I love is that Fitbit syncs to MFP. So I don't need to log my exercise.

I think it's worth it and now they have different styles and different price points.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I have the zip and love it!! I was thinking about getting the Flex or Force, but I didn't think wearing it on my wrist was the best option for me. I wear the Zip every day and it keeps me motivated. I've had other pedometers, but this is more accurate and is synced online so you can see your history.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    One of the best investments you will ever make.

I am on my third. My first one came apart and they sent me a new one free of charge, then I noticed that the spot where it rested on my breast clipped to my bra was becoming tender, SCARED ME so I clipped it to my pants and lost it. Now I have the force and it is great!!!!!!!!!

I would recommend the fitbit to anyone if they only had a hundred bucks to spend on fitness equipment. I think it is the best tool out there especially for beginners.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Flex! I wear it everyday...it's addicting and it works!!

This totally! I was in the same boat that you are in and finally broke down and bought one about two weeks ago. I absolutely love it! So glad that I got it!
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i just got the zip, I really like it. I bought mine used for $20 so it didn't feel like an "investment". i plan on buying the latest and greatest one after I use this for several months, I bought this as kind of a test to see if I would actually use it before I spent the big bucks. Yesterday was my first full day with it and when I went to sit on the couch with my family and veg out for the evening I found I had only walked 9,000 steps (it encourages you to walk 10,000). So I got up and went up and down the stairs many times. I found it to be a great motivator, plus it counts the calories you burn so now I can eat more than when I was letting mfp guestimate for me ; )
  • herangel3
    Options
    I have Fitbit One and love it; I can wear it at night and records how well I'm sleeping. Getting a good nights sleep can affect your health, and I know I do not sleep well. I like how it works with MFP and the food log in MFP is so much better than Fitbits so I use that and it syncs it with the Dashboard on Fitbit.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit ultra (no longer available replaced by the 1). It's fantastic and really helps keep my motivated. The only downside to the ultra (which they fixed with the 1) is that there is no bluetooth connectivity and it is not water resistant.. It's a minor inconvenience having to plug and unplug a usb docking station. The lack of waterproofing is a bigger concern for me since I generally keep it in my pocket when I run.

Over all I love fitbit. I suggest the 1 only because I don't like things on my wrist.
    Are you talking about the ability to synch to a phone? I have an Ultra and a One and they both use bluetooth to synch to the pc, through a USB dongle. Neither needs to 'dock' to synch, though maybe you mean you need to plug in the usb dongle for it to synch. I think most people just leave it in, but I know the dongle for the Ultra is big compared to the one for the One. I only mention it in case yours isn't working correctly, maybe you can get it solved.
  • mklassy123
    Options
    I have had the FitBit One for a few weeks now. I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I didn't make myself clear, I LOVE IT!

It really motivates me to get my steps in. I cannot believe how sedentary I was prior to having the FitBit, and I didn't realize it. I find it is so easy to get my steps in - because I'm so motivated now. I just read an article that stated that women with fitness trackers average 1,500 more steps a day than women without fitness trackers (it was a women's magazine, I'm sure the same holds true for men). If I'm watching TV, I get up and pace during commercials. If I'm on the phone, I pace now. I do what I can to get my steps in. I am averaging at least 10,000 steps a day now. I lost 5.5 pounds so far since getting the FitBit, and of course logging. I love how it synchs with MFP.

The flights are off for me, but once I realized it doesn't add extra calories to my day due to it then I wasn't worried. I live on the 10th floor of an apartment building. I make sure to get in at least 10 flights a day - I usually hit my goal, but I have to monitor it in my head - but having the FitBit has motivated me to take the stairs more often.

Did I mention that I LOVE my FitBit?
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Flex!!
  • angelaneale
    angelaneale Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Force and I love it! We now have a group of about 20 that competes everyday to see who can get to 10k steps first and then to see who gets the most steps. It's very motivating...which is the point of having it.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Another Flex lover here!! I've had mine for about 6 months and I love the motivation that it affords me. It sounds crazy, but I love the little vibration on my wrist when I reach my gstep oal for the day.

Also, I get up at 3:30 AM to head to the gym. The alarm is great because it wakes me up (with a wrist vibration) without disturbing my husband.
  • ince74
    ince74 Posts: 1
    Options
    Here is a question for you....are you worth investing in a fit bit? Absolutely! Look at it this way...don't stop at a fast food restaurant for 10 times, give up that $1 candy bar, or bag of chips, don't buy that one magazine, give up a couple of beers if you drink and you have your $ for the fit bit. You are worth it!!!! Go get it! I really like mine a lot, I wear it everyday. Very accurate and it gives you not only steps, but flights of stairs you climb, calories burned, total miles walked and it tells you how you sleep at nite if you want to know.....go ahead...go get it....