What do you have your maintenance macros set at?

Options
I'm playing around with macros right now and am wondering what others in maintenance have theirs set at?

Replies

• jpande1
    jpande1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site and wondered if anyone could explain what a "macro" is and how to set it. :smooched:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    mine is set to 40%c, 25%p and 35%f. i try to hit my protein as a minimum and fat as a maximum - though 25% protein is plenty for my size.

as a rough guide 40/30/30 is a good starting point.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site and wondered if anyone could explain what a "macro" is and how to set it. :smooched:

Macros are Protein, Fat and Carbs :)
  • twixlepennie
    Options
    mine is set to 40%c, 25%p and 35%f. i try to hit my protein as a minimum and fat as a maximum - though 25% protein is plenty for my size.

Thanks for the input!

I did adjust mine to 40/30/30 to see what the numbers would be, but dang that's a lot of protein lol. That's the area I really struggle with :grumble:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    It ends up being around 50c/20p/30f due to I don't really see any reason to consume more than 1 gram of protein per Lb of LBM...that's roughly what that ratio gives me. When I was losing, it was more like 40c/30p/30f which gave me the same...but with increased calories, that ratio was putting my protein goals above 200 grams and I though that was a little ridiculous considering I only need about 145 grams. The increased carbohydrate intake has also helped my workouts.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Thanks for the input!

I did adjust mine to 40/30/30 to see what the numbers would be, but dang that's a lot of protein lol. That's the area I really struggle with :grumble:

thats why i tweaked mine... that being said, i usually get 120g easily enough with a little planning!
  • twixlepennie
    Options
    It ends up being around 50c/20p/30f due to I don't really see any reason to consume more than 1 gram of protein per Lb of LBM...that's roughly what that ratio gives me. When I was losing, it was more like 40c/30p/30f which gave me the same...but with increased calories, that ratio was putting my protein goals above 200 grams and I though that was a little ridiculous considering I only need about 145 grams. The increased carbohydrate intake has also helped my workouts.

My LBM is around 97lbs, so a 50/20/30 split like you're doing actually might work well for me-I think I'll give it a try and see what happens, thanks!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Protein 40%
    Carbs 30%
    Fats 30%

I do well with this.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Protein 25%
    Carbs 50%
    Fats 25%

I actually use number goals for proteins and fats, but that's the closest in percentages.
  • guitarguy310
    guitarguy310 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im rockin' a 65f/25p/10c macro - paleo/keto mix.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I just switched mine to 40c/30p/30f. But at 1900 calories, this puts me at 143 g of protein, which is nearly 1.8 g/ lb LBM. I am finding it difficult, and probably unnecessary, to get this much protein and may have to re-adjust.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Usually somewhere along the lines off 60/25/15 or 55/25/20 depending on the day. I'm not an avid weight lifter so I don't go out of my way to try to eat a ton of protein, although I do make sure to at least hit the MFP goal.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    The same as when I was losing - 40/30/30.

Don't really work on percentages though, I have a minimum target for protein (1g / 1lb of LBM), ballpark amount/minimum for fat but fairly relaxed about that.

The rest falls wherever it falls - more concerned about eating a variety of wholesome, tasty food rather than stressing over numbers too much. Carbs are all over the place depending on activity and food I fancy at the time - I think it varied between low of 40 and high of 670g last year!
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Carbs 50%
    Protein 25%
    Fat 25%

I don't do well with high protein, so I don't force it. I do well with more carbs than anything else, and these protein and fat targets seem to be easily achievable for me. Fiddle with it and do what works best for you :)