Questions about Advocare 24-Day Challenge

Options
Hi All!

I have posted before asking about how people feel about Advocare. I chose to do the program based on the experience of a few friends. I've heard mixed reviews. I've just begun day 5 and I am down 5.8 lbs. I know a portion of that is water weight, but I couldn't have have had that much water weight to lose as I've always drank close to a gallon of water a day.

Anyway, my questions are concerning the second portion of the 24 Day Challenge and diet. I am hoping that you get to eat a lot more on the second half than the cleanse portion. I've found myself hungry (If only mentally hungry) because of the serious decrease in carbs and the light breakfast. You can see in my diet for the last few days that I am actually eating very well, just not as much carbs as I'm used to. Maybe that's the real key to losing weight. So, all this being said, can anyone share their experience on Advocare?

Replies

• caraaaa01
    caraaaa01 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi there! I just started with Advocare myself, and am starting day 4 of the Max Phase of the 24 Day Challenge, and could not be more satisfied!! I do not have that much weight to lose, 10-15ish lbs, and have already lost 5.2 as of this morning! I've hovered around the same weight for about 2 years, and regardless of how I ate or my exercise level, I could never seem to shake any of it off.

I LOVE the Meal Replacement shakes. I take them in substitution for breakfast. My favorite flavor is the chocolate, and then I mix in about a cup of frozen berries or a banana in the blender with it. As far as eating regular food, I've been eating much more of the lean protein and complex carbs, rather then a focus on fruits and veggies as I had during the cleanse phase. I agree with you tho - I think most of my hunger was a mental thing!!
  • caraaaa01
    caraaaa01 Posts: 11
    Options
    Also, I cannot stress enough how important it is to drink more water then you think is possible!!
  • brittanyfedor
    Options
    Hi there!! I am now a distributor for Advocare and am doing the 24 day challenge myself! If you are still feeling hungry you can always increase your green veggies at any time! Also, you might want to consider the optional 6th Meal after you work out to curb your hunger which is 1 protein and 1/2 carb this might hold you over longer!! I have just ordered the no Leptilean product they started carrying last week it definitely helps with this so you may want to consider adding that on! Please let me know if you have any more questions I am coaching a couple girls through the challenge right now and I am always available if you need it!
  • MMH86
    MMH86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am also a distributor of AdvoCare and a fan of the 24 day challenge.. like the above posted stated, up your veggies, especially ones in fiber that will help keep your tummy full! I also drink a big glass of water prior to eating!
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I dont know that I can possibly eat more veggies. I eat about 3 servings for lunch and about 3 more for dinner. Salad with both meals and then another veggie like brussel sprouts or asparagus. Today is day 11 so I'm out of the cleanse now. I'm sure things will be a little better. I'm down 8.4 lbs now so things are looking up!!
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Oh, I drink about a gallon of water a day... LITERALLY, I really do:)
  • taby84
    taby84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So about how many calories per day should I be eating while on Advocare.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    So about how many calories per day should I be eating while on Advocare.

Depends on what your portion size is.
  • NSN1167
    NSN1167 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 of the 24 day challenge and am anxious to see the results. I already felt so much better this morning. I didn't feel bloated or weighed down from eating crap. I ate clean and stuck with the guidelines and couldn't be more impressed. I've been entering in my food and have come between 1200-1400 calories. I am certain that is much less than what I was consuming beforehand. All in all the only thing I can't stand is the nasty Fiber drink but that is just for a short time thank heavens!!
  • cashokb
    cashokb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on my day 9 and still same...almost no weight loss and very little inches wise. I am doing everything right. Plus working out 6 days week. When do you loose weight during cleanse or burning phase?