anyone get in shape with just bodyweight exercises?

Options
just wondering :)

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    hi! me again! LOL

Yeah, lots of people get into shape and stay in shape with just body weight exercise.

My husband teaches tae kwon do. He's in wonderful shape with just using his body weight.
    Yoga is another...
    I'll tell ya, for me, planking is crazy tough. I can go for three reps of one minute each and wow!!!

I hope you get a response from some of the fitness pros on this page, as they will tell you that yeah, body weight can do wonders!
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    bumping for more responses
  • asaffell
    asaffell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yep. I love weights, but I know a lot of people that have lost weight and cut body fat with intense cardio and bodyweight exercises!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    That's all I'm doing, besides a bit of cardio (mini trampoline). Right now I'm doing Mark Lauren's at home strength training program, from his book Body By You, which only uses body weight :)
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Yoga, Pilates, Jillian Michaels (okay, you need some light handweights for her), and ballet workouts will all get you in shape.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    OHHHHH... I forgot about "You Are Your Own Gym"... I need to pick that book up. I go to the gym, but sometimes I really love the body weight exercises the most.
  • twixlepennie
    Options
    OHHHHH... I forgot about "You Are Your Own Gym"... I need to pick that book up. I go to the gym, but sometimes I really love the body weight exercises the most.

I'm currently doing his book Body By You, that's geared more towards women, but after I'm done with it I'll be moving on to You Are Your Own Gym :smile:
  • DamePiglet
    Options

I'm currently doing his book Body By You, that's geared more towards women, but after I'm done with it I'll be moving on to You Are Your Own Gym :smile:

Oh groovy! Thanks for the tip. My iPad will have 2 new additions this afternoon. :drinker:
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    thx ladies! you all are super great!
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I started Convict Conditioning a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying it. I like that body weight strength training really focuses on usable strength.
  • twixlepennie
    Options

'

Oh groovy! Thanks for the tip. My iPad will have 2 new additions this afternoon. :drinker:

I love Lauren :heart: